Sony E14A Series thread+Review:D

terrafield

Broken In
Well terrafield,I must say thats its nowhere close to Mac :-(,but since im using it for the first time(my previous lappy didnt have that),its fine with very few problems(wont work if ure touch is light as...say.....rubbing against a keen knife without cutting ure fingers :mrgreen:)

Also i observed that its touch pad gets confused(points randomly) if i use two fingers from same hand,but is perfectly accurate with two fingers from different hands.Odd it is.

Nonetheless,Im happy.Yes,Samsung 550P has better specs,but I believe in the theory that pure power lies in the cabin of a desktop,which no lappy can replace.It should have moderate firepower,so that one doesnt end up cooking it or his balls :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably touchpad will improve in Windows 8 Pro. Did you opt for Win 8 upgrade offer?

randomuser111

Technomancer
adimax, would be great if you could post benchmark results :)

Also how do you find the speakers ? And also is the webcam quality good ?

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
@terrafield We just have to give our email ids,thats right?

@randomuser111-can you specify what benchmarks?
Speakers are good,bit tinny,flat,dont expect booming bass...but crystal clear!
Webcam is good,infact very good(Dunno if Exmor lens it claims helps...)

*i.imgur.com/jryZzs.jpg*i.imgur.com/6UF3zs.jpg[IMG]*i.imgur.com/2Ti2ns.jpg[/IMG]*i.imgur.com/rEatqs.jpg*i.imgur.com/GZOiDs.jpg*i.imgur.com/1eisLs.jpg*i.imgur.com/PnPqKs.jpg*i.imgur.com/SUp4Ts.jpg*i.imgur.com/fu3HNs.jpg*i.imgur.com/Md2Qts.jpg*i.imgur.com/yC0bLs.jpg*i.imgur.com/g9GVCs.jpg*i.imgur.com/mjMqOs.jpg

randomuser111

Technomancer
3DMark11, PcMark7 would be great ;)
And some general game fps benchmarks

P.S. You didn't get the free VAIO Bluetooth mouse ?

terrafield

Broken In
@terrafield We just have to give our email ids,thats right?

@randomuser111-can you specify what benchmarks?
Speakers are good,bit tinny,flat,dont expect booming bass...but crystal clear!
Webcam is good,infact very good(Dunno if Exmor lens it claims helps..

I think registering email id is enough but not sure

vipulgreattt

Broken In
the op has already stated he has indeed considered 550p and also said that he was aware that 550p has more firepower but finalized on this machine for his own reasons. why do you guys start a comparison again in the review thread?

i'm sorry but ain't this too much? we know 550p is a great machine, but if it doesn't have a backlit, you can just accept it, there isn't anything to lose. everyone doesn't have the same requirements. you need not try to show that it wins in every department.

if this thread was about a comparison between the laptops, then you may state all these opinions. but he already made the purchase and wants to share the joy with us and took time to take pics and write a review. please appreciate the effort.

even if you really can't hold back your urge to prove your laptop was best, that can stated in a better way compared to how some of the posts above were worded. it would be nice if you make sure what you post doesn't reflect chauvinism.

^^ +1

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
3DMark11, PcMark7 would be great ;)
And some general game fps benchmarks

P.S. You didn't get the free VAIO Bluetooth mouse ?

Yes i did get one but it was hideous.I mean what were they thinking?

I downloaded Superpi calculator
In power saving mode,it clocked @ 665mhz(that wat it said,imo).Here is the link:adimax | SuperPI

*i.imgur.com/7JemR.png(Due to upload probs,washed colors :D)
here the benchmark was running,with temprature monitoring,but i have to say,even at 70 deg cels,there is no sensation of hotness anywhere,not even bottom panel,handrest,near speakers.It just feels like its at 45 deg cels.To be frank,Im scared of that,as i will have no idea if its running hot or not.Is this normal/desired?

PS:Im downloading 3dmark vantage

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
^^ No. People are just saying that you could have got a machine that is better on spec sheet with your budget. But after all, specs aren't the only decisive factor for a purchase. Personal preferences, requirements, brand, quality etc are also to be considered and one has to trade off one factor for another. you are really clear with what you want, since you are ready to trade off a little firepower for aesthetics and others enticing options, you got your thing. Stop worrying and hang out in other cool places in the forums. ;)

randomuser111

Technomancer
adimax, don't you worry about such posts. It was your decision and nobody has the right to judge your opinion as you know best what you need. :)

You haven't made the wrong choice. Ignore such ignorant posts and just enjoy your lappy ;)

I checked out your model in person today and the screen is really nice !! :) Quite vibrant and decent viewing angles too.

All such guys need to go to the Apple/Sony/Hp/Lenovo/Toshiba/Asus stores and shout " Buy Samsung NP550P its got a much better Graphics card" LOL

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
did i really bought a horrible laptop???? just becoz i like backlit keyboard and styling?

^^ No. People are just saying that you could have got a machine that is better on spec sheet with your budget. But after all, specs aren't the only decisive factor for a purchase. Personal preferences, requirements, brand, quality etc are also to be considered and one has to trade off one factor for another. you are really clear with what you want, since you are ready to trade off a little firepower for aesthetics and others enticing options, you got your thing. Stop worrying and hang out in other cool places in the forums. ;)

^ This :)
Its a request to all that if you can't congratulate someone then don't even criticise or make a mockery of it.

2. I don't know the exact details of your display, but 15.6" 1600X900 anti reflective matte finish > 14" 1600X900 standard display screen (if that is what yours is).

Matte isn't better than glossy, it just boils down on your requirements. Both have their own + & - points.

3. At night, you can turn this display to full 300 nit brightness, and voila, its so damn bright you don't need a backlit keyboard anymore.

Great idea. I believe you haven't used a backlit keyboard ever.

vipulgreattt

Broken In
did i really bought a horrible laptop???? just becoz i like backlit keyboard and styling?

Well your laptops looks really great, and built quality of Sony is undoubtedly better than most of the competitors. If you review Samsung NP series thread you will see people questioning ASS and Built quality of product before buying. I'm just saying that it was kind of a bet. Good thing I waited to buy Samsung till now as there have been certain throttling and heating problems.

I hope this problem settles or I'll get either Sony or Dell 14R SE. I'm just worried about screen as I didnt like 15.6" having 768p. I guess it'll look better on 14 inch model though. If I had budget I could go with your model.

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
Thanks everyone,do you want any specific details,have questions regarding the lappy,plz feel free to ask!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You should have bargained though, Vaio official store themselves give up to 1k discount, and retailers give up to 3-5%.

relentless_rock

Right off the assembly line
Hey Adimax, Hows ya brother? ... if ya still checking up on this thread pls give a synopsis of your experience thus far with the vaio E14a. Is it still the same beauty as it was in the first week? Any kinda troubles you facing.. Your reply would be much appreciated. Thanks.
:)

Top Bottom