1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

sony DVD RW -DW-Q120 A is it good ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by go_gamez, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go_gamez

go_gamez New Member

i have already got a sony dual layer dvd writer-(sony DVD RW -DW-Q120 A)
    it doesn't even have sony printed outside the disc tray--ha ha
    dont knw why someone told its somethin OEM hardware..
    any way till now its workin fine ..but still is good i just wanna know ...

and does any one know how much does a double layer (8.5 gb) blank dvd cost ??

2. Thor

Thor Member

Hi!! I also got a SONY DVD RW DW Q30A.. Its also OEM..without SONY printed anywhere...but its performance is good so i hv nothing to fret abt. It even writes to dual layer media..

Hv a look @ http://b2b.sony.com/Solutions/subcategory/storage/oem-optical/DVD-RW
    OEM:

(pronounced as separate letters) Short for original equipment manufacturer, which is a misleading term for a company that has a special relationship with computer producers. OEMs are manufacturers who resell another company's product under their own name and branding. While an OEM is similar to a VAR (value-added reseller), it refers specifically to the act of a company rebranding a product to its own name and offering its own warranty, support and licensing of the product. The term is really a misnomer because OEMs are not the original manufacturers; they are the customizers.
    ----------
    source : http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/OEM.html

The vendor told me that as OEM products come come in a LOT ..hence they have overall lower transportation cost. Thus lower price than their individual boxed counterpart...

Last edited: May 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.