sony dvd rw aw q170a not reading discs

mayoorite

Night Fury
my dvd writer is not reading its own burned discs (CDs/DVDs)and it is reading some dvds and some not . model --"Sony dvd rw aw q170a". it also gives error while copying any data from discs. It is also not reading digit June2011 dvds.
i have also updated its firmware to 1.74
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Tech&ME

Banned
Clean it will Cleaning Kit CD /DVD.

If that doesn't solve your problem.

1. Open the cover of the DVD/CD
2. Clean the lens with Camera Cleaning liquid with cotton cloth
3. Replace the cover and tray.

casual_gamer

In the zone
I have a similar problem. here i am getting only the cd not the liquid. any idea what the name of liquid is and where can we buy it seperately?

OP
mayoorite

mayoorite

Night Fury
Can you give me instructions how to open and clean CD/DVD rom and whose company`s is good and on which kind of shop it is available and how much it cost because i live in Ajmer. What do you mean by "Replace the cover and tray"? Did i have to replace with new one

Tech&ME

Banned
Can you give me instructions how to open and clean CD/DVD rom and whose company`s is good and on which kind of shop it is available and how much it cost because i live in Ajmer. What do you mean by "Replace the cover and tray"? Did i have to replace with new one

Ok

1. First it looks like it will be very hard for you to open the CD/DVD drive.

Step a: Unscrew the CD Drive from your computer case.
Step b: Unscrew tiny screws from the back of the CD DRIVE.
Step c: Take a PIN and put it inside the front bezel ( there you will find a small hole near the EJECT Button. Put the PIN inside it to open the tray.)

Step d: Now remove the cover gently and the push the bezel(plastic cover) out.

Step e: Now, you can see the inside parts of the DRIVE.

Step f: Just take a clean cotton cloth and apply some Camera Lens Cleaning Liquid on the cloth itself and gently rub your DRIVE's Lens.

Step g: That's it. You are done.

Step h: Now put back the DRIVE cover and the bezel and slide the tray inside.

Step i : Screw the Cover and then Screw the DRIVE itself to your computer CASE.

Step j : Make the connections and start your computer.

2. I am not quite familiar with Ajmer. Its been a hell lot of years (10 years approx.) I went there. So, can't help you locate any store. But I guess many things might have changed by know. I used to stay in Vaishali Nagar ! Is it still there ?

3. 'Replace the cover and tray' means you should fit it back. (No need of any new tray, btw, you will not get the tray in the market as spare parts.)

OP
mayoorite

mayoorite

Night Fury
well i have cleaned the lens with soft cloth and also ran cleansing cd.
AND IT WORKS !!
all dvds are now reading

Top Bottom