SONY COMBO DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

robogeek

Broken In
My SONY COMBO DRIVE has stopped to read DVD's. But it is still reading and writing CD's. When I took it to some local service center he replaced the lens but still it didn't worked. Now I want to take it to SONY service center. But he told they will charge around Rs.1000 for replacing lens but a new one is available in market for Rs.2100. Can anyone tell about how it costs if repaired it in SONY service center...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the lens is the costliest part of a optical drive and maybe it really costs around 1000/- bucks for a combo drive and that too sony .. i suggest u dont spend the money on repair and buy a new one with warranty instead.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Agree wid mohit but instead of going for a combo drive go for a seperate cd-rw and dvd rom dat wil b betta i guess.

Kniwor

Learner
If it's reading writing CD,s u can also buy a DVD rom only, there are some issues with how they implement the CD and DVD reading technologies in combo, which generates complication, and that's why so many combo drives failing, standalong DVD rom will last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom