Some problems with Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Ok so I installed Ubuntu after much thought. Now all the text on my Fire Fox browser is blurry and its a pain in the ass to read anything on net. How to fix it ? And the sound is also messed up. The songs are all flat pitched and bass is not good. I suppose it needs some kinda drivers so whats the name of that driver. Please tell me so I can install then via the Synaptic thingy :D.

One more thing --> How do we install Last.fm plugin. Please help me on this atleast. My Top Listener feat. of Slipknot on Last.fm will be lost :(.

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
which music player do u use?

i`d suggest exaile

Code:
sudo apt-get install exaile

then goto edit->prefs->Last.fm

even the default music player i.e rhythmbox supports last.fm , open its plugin menu and install last.fm

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Thanks. Got the last.fm thingy working. What about the other problems ?

One more thing......how do I add Ubuntu to XP's boot menu ? :|.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hey NucleusKore......is there ANY way I can add Ubuntu to my XP bootloader......please......PLEASE coz I have customised Ubuntu's desktop and installed 400+MB of updates :|.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
jus format the linux partition n reinstall from live cd i guess.............i installed mandriva using live spring cd................there is GRUB bootloader that comes after installing in a specific partition(seperate not xp one)............don forget to add xp as as n option in the other OS choice of GRUB...

hullap

Cyborg Agent
How do I installing it again ? I mean if want to install it separately, what should I do ?
*www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-natively.html
or
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351
jus format the linux partition n reinstall from live cd i guess.............i installed mandriva using live spring cd................there is GRUB bootloader that comes after installing in a specific partition(seperate not xp one)............don forget to add xp as as n option in the other OS choice of GRUB...
thats the noob way to do it :)

Last edited:
OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Well if wanted to format then I would have not asked the question in the first place :D.

*www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-natively.html
or
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351

thats the noob way to do it

THANKS.....thanks a lot dude......that forum link really helped !

Last edited:

haider_up32

Broken In
Hey NucleusKore......is there ANY way I can add Ubuntu to my XP bootloader......please......PLEASE coz I have customised Ubuntu's desktop and installed 400+MB of updates :|.

ntldr doesnt support non-win operating systems....but theres way u can add
*www.vsubhash.com/writeups/multiboot_os.asp

add xp to grub makes sense

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I don't what you liked about that black scrren :rofl:

GRUB can be modified for various looks .. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78481&highlight=Grub

Rahim

Married!
Its so simple, install grub and it will have entries for Win XP as well as Ubuntu.
Teri problem kya hai? Just give some commands in terminal and restore grub to your mbr and it will automatically make an entry for XP.

How to restore Grub from a live Ubuntu cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom