Some iPod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys i just bought myself an ipod (30gb video) and have a few questions ....

1. What format videos can it play and sofwares for converting mpg and mpeg files

2. how do i find a track in my pod (wen not connected to the PC)

3. can i have the images play like a screensaver when my songs are being played

..... my first review after spending 2 hrs with it ..... it aint as good as ppl hav made it to sound .... only good thing is the scrolling system and sound rest is all $h!t

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
no boss...d sound rokz! ull fall in luv wit it. ipod only playz .mov n .mp4 files. download free ipod video convertor from : *www.download.com/Free-iPod-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10498771.html

yea d battery is a problem,mine lasts abt 11 hrs. n if i play only video, den hardly 2 hrs :-(. ne more questions...ask away man. how much did u pay?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wtf i paid 14.5k for this man and i cant even find tracks in the device lucky for me that i kept the id3 info of the tracks proper else it would hav been hell for me ..... the worst part u cant even sort the songs in folders .... iPod is seriously not good in features who cares abt the sound yaar if basic things like search and folders are not there .... nokia offers folders and iPod doesnt ..... u cant even put background images (f all) .... zune and creative are way much better in features

vinyas

In the zone
if Nano a Better option For people who interested only in music .. ?

i heard u get 2 gb nano for 3k is that True ...

check this :

*cgi.ebay.in/ORIGINAL-1GB-IPOD-NANO...8QQihZ010QQcategoryZ80020QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

??

gauravakaasid

@vinyas..no man,dats not d original..it clearly states:
"ORIGINAL 1GB IPOD NANO STYLE MP4/MP3/MTV PLAYER+FM+1.5"
dnt go in for such fake chinese players

@mAV3...stop cussin man...ipod renames d trackz 2 sum cryptic 1s,wich u cannot make out wen u r viewing the songs n vids in disk mode. if u want drag n drop functionality, u can try out Rockbox,wich is an open source jukebox firmware. rockbox can be found here: www.rockbox.org

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@gauravakaasid .... how safe and reliable is rockbox ..... coz me in no mood to to mess around with my pod

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
dude i ipod nano cst rs 5000 rs without bill bc ipod with bill nt avilable who give bill ask them where in the origan service centre kk if u live in mumbai i wil tell u genuine placee

vinyas

In the zone
hackers2005.3721 said:
dude i ipod nano cst rs 5000 rs without bill bc ipod with bill nt avilable who give bill ask them where in the origan service centre kk if u live in mumbai i wil tell u genuine placee

5k for 2 gb are u sure... i like that black model.... i am not interested in videos ... also wats is difference between Shuffle & Nano ? ... quality in playback is different ?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hacker bhai i think u r slightly mistaken ..... nano cannot be for 5k .... wat u r talking abt is shuffle ....

nano small in size with screen ...... shuffle smaller in size no screen

bte i downloaded itunes 7 and came to know that ther is an update for my ipod (currently version 1.1.2) and the upgrade is 1.2 .... any1 successfully updated their pods .... if yes let me know .... i downloaded the update when i try to install it on my ipod ..... the ipod automatically disconnects from i tunes and itunes gives me an error

Last edited:

gauravakaasid

2hr battery for videos,specially fpr a video ipod is decent enaf.

@mav3, rockbok is stable,wil gv u updates l8r man

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
updated my pod to version 1.2 .... to major updates is that when you connect the pod to the pc the display on the pod is illuminated allowing you to see the do not disconnect message properly and also while scrolling thru songs alphabets appear on the screen as u scroll thru them there by giving more ease to scroll ..... enjoy and update ur itunes as well (though very unstable)

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
mav yes yarr u jst update your ipod u get more better thing and it rocks man u get more features and other thing is i am telling u getan ipos nano of 2 gb at 5000 in mumbia at hera panna i am nt joking but u should be careful while buying bass bc they can fool u so take a perso n who is having an ipod or knows about it and see that at the back side an apple logo is there u see that it is full orgin if u wnt more info u can pm me and i wi give u my id
and the good store where u get for 8000 rs max saw it 4 months back

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the only problem is the battery .... somehow if that can be changed by apple to a more efficient one wud be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom