some clarifications on dv4 3016tx please

super-noob

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone,
I have read all the post and everyone seems to be recommending the dv4 3016tx for below 45k range.

so i am thinking to go for it. But still I need a final confirmation from u guys.

1st : There is coolsense , so no heating issue, right?

2nd : people are saying the screen is not good , is that true?

3rd : how is the speakers and the sound system?

4rth : how can i know that the retailer is giving me the newer version of 3016tx without the heating and chipset issues and not the older one with issues?

expecting quick replies:oops:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
hi everyone,
I have read all the post and everyone seems to be recommending the dv4 3016tx for below 45k range.

so i am thinking to go for it. But still I need a final confirmation from u guys.

1st : There is coolsense , so no heating issue, right?

2nd : people are saying the screen is not good , is that true?

3rd : how is the speakers and the sound system?

4rth : how can i know that the retailer is giving me the newer version of 3016tx without the heating and chipset issues and not the older one with issues?

expecting quick replies:oops:

Depending on the place it is available for 40-42K. Not more.

1. you have to use properly. Dont expect to play crysis2 on your bed with all vents blocked and still temperature will be in control.

2. All 720p screens from Dell/Sony/Acer are almost same - average.

3. Have not used so cant comment.

4. Dont think the older ones had any heating issues. For chipset issues, you have to read the serial number, probably 4th-6th digit should be greater than 108. FYI, chipset issues were solved long back.

OP
S

super-noob

Depending on the place it is available for 40-42K. Not more.

1. you have to use properly. Dont expect to play crysis2 on your bed with all vents blocked and still temperature will be in control.

2. All 720p screens from Dell/Sony/Acer are almost same - average.

3. Have not used so cant comment.

4. Dont think the older ones had any heating issues. For chipset issues, you have to read the serial number, probably 4th-6th digit should be greater than 108. FYI, chipset issues were solved long back.

The retailers sale it for 42k?:neutral:

and can i run it on bed with a cooling pad? and btw whats the proper using position for laptops...sorry i never really used one :oops:

and is the screen with inspiron 15r any better?

and any comment on the durability and service , I just starting my engineering so i want it to go good for 4 years at least:sad:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Service: onsite service. and they are very prompt.

cooling: runs cool. i removed coolsense long ago. but it still runs cool. idling at abt 42 and moderate usage ~48-50

sound: was initially not good. atleast for a lap at this price. got it replaced today. now sounds much better. Think it was a one off issue with my piece..

ss max

Broken In
This laptop is one of the best laptops around 42k as it has best grapics option , there is not a very big heating issue but not know much about screen althoug screens are same in this range .

OP
S

super-noob

Any comments on durability , build quality and after sale services ?
I want it to hold good for 4 years :oops:

wwang

Can it play call of duty modern warfare 2. In notebookcheck.net the framerate for 6750m is given only for ultra i.e.33 fps with the comment "The benchmarks indicate that the
game is not playable in the tested
settings." Regarding call of duty 4 modern warfare the comment is "Playable with a weaker
graphics card in detail settings high." Does it mean that these two games are not playable on dv4-3016tx?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Any comments on durability , build quality and after sale services ?
I want it to hold good for 4 years :oops:
sevice is good. but depends on the nearest service centre, as they are hte ones who send the actual technicians.

Build quality: i dont know how to put it. some slight flex in the keyboard near the wireless activate button. and the back of the screen flexes a bit(just a little bit) when pressed. nothing that'll bother me though.. :)

Top Bottom