Some Appealing Windows Gadgets

tkin

Back to school!!
HUD-Clock:

I came by this gadget a few months back and have fallen in love with it, it shows a transparent clock on the desktop like a hud and blends nicely with dark backgrounds, users can configure the font easily, very lightweight and does not distract when used. This is like rainmeter clock but does not minimize when aero peek is used.

*img28.imageshack.us/img28/2687/20110104124109.jpg

Linky: Windows Desktop Clock Gadget | Paintbits

GPU Observer:

Gadget that shows the GPU temperature and clock speeds without any 3rd party software requirements, very accurate and lightweight.

*img41.imageshack.us/img41/4998/20110104143948.jpg

Linky: OrbLog Blog Archive GPU Observer – Sidebar Gadget

Drives Meter:

Nice gadget that shows the Data transfer speeds, and capacity of each drive, can shows upto 4 drives and is configurable

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/7646/20110104144425.jpg

Linky: Drives Meter Gadgets

I'll add more gadgets to this post in future, so subscribe and comment, also mention gadgets(with download link and atleast one image) that you like here.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
nice thread tkin. I always used to think that these gadgets are waste of CPU power, but they look awesome. I will definitely install the ones you have mentioned. Keep them coming.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the posting....

Till now I use the regular Analog clock came pre-installed with it.

clock is very nice one......but now I must use only dark background, Scenic themes are not work...wish I'm able to change clock's font color too.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well I just love Win7 Gadgets.

Currently using:
*img412.imageshack.us/img412/9518/gadgetsq.jpg

1. Network Monitor.
2. CPU Usage.
3. Everest Lavalys Win7 Gadget. Needs Everest to be on, can choose which plug-in to display. Use this to immediately check the OC status I am running at.
4. GPU Monitor. Needs RivaTuner to be running. Great for monitoring temperatures.
5. Xirrus Wi-FI Monitor. Does mot much, just looks kewl, and eats CPU cycles...!
6. Weather Gadget.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin: The HUD-Clock is awesome! Thanks mate for the nice find. Wish i could rep you.
No problem, the gadgets are very much customizable, all you need is a bit of knowledge about HTML, you could change the transparency and color of the gadget.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
HTML i know. But where are the install files of the hud-clock gadget?
1.Rename gadget file extension .gadget to .zip
2.Extract zip file
3.Open content.html in text editor, edit and save to folder, convert to zip file, and rename to .gadget and install the new modded gadget(uninstall old gadget first).

OR just edit the installed gadget:
1.Close the gadget and from task manager close sidebar.exe process.
2.Open C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HUD-Time.gadget\content.html
3.Edit the transparency or any other feature, save and restart sidebar.exe

This article may help you to create your own gadgets, you need html, xml and optionally css knowledge: Creating a gadget for Windows 7 - Janae?s Blog

d3p

PowerHouse
Those gadgets are really awesome. I know, i' late off to this discussion, but still Can't resist.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, now that the thread is resurrected, take a look here:-

Gadgets for Geeks. Most Wanted and Popular Windows 7/Vista Gadgets

You need CoreTemp for CPU temp monitoring. No 3rd party software required for the GPU Monitor gadget.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well, now that the thread is resurrected, take a look here:-

Gadgets for Geeks. Most Wanted and Popular Windows 7/Vista Gadgets

You need CoreTemp for CPU temp monitoring. No 3rd party software required for the GPU Monitor gadget.

Thanks for the link. There are some very useful apps, specially the battery monitor is very very useful for laptops. :))

Top Bottom