[Solved] Win 7 x64, Long delay in launching All Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
If you click "Go advanced" in the edit option, you can actually edit the title.
Not really, it does not change the master title/thread title, only the post title, so in thread view everyone will see the original title, so someone summon the mods.

Using Avast along with Outpost Firewall and Emsisoft Antimalware (full version) for a long time without any problem in my 2nd PC. Upgraded staright to v7.0.1407 from v6 so can't tell whether there was any problem in the earlier v7 release.
The problem lies in avast web rep service, in ver 1407(latest stable) it cannot be disabled even if unchecked, that was causing the issue, new beta fixed that.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not facing any problem with web rep enabled. Will try to see if unchecking it create any problem.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I am not facing any problem with web rep enabled. Will try to see if unchecking it create any problem.
Problem will not happen if you are connected to internet or you have no connection available.

Problem is with my case, if you have lan connected to modem(BSNL) but no connection(PPPOE mode).

Avast thinks internet is connected and tries to query cloud, but it fails as there is no connection(I have not dialed it from the dialer), so it waits for query timeout, which is about 3-5 secs mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom