Sol : Dataone disconnection Problem ( Modem )

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackmartin

Right off the assembly line
:) :) :)
Many of you who use BSNL Dataone 500 or Unlimited may have experienced some problems like frequent disconnections. For those who use Rs500 per month, this might be in the night.

The problem is the overheating of the modem. Usually, the modem gets overheated and hangs up when you download something for even 5 or 10 minutes.
What you should do is to place the modem in a place where it can get proper ventilation or maybe near your fan.

Try this and see if it solves the problem.
:) :) :)

Last edited:

grendel

Broken In
I have my BSNL modem ON for the last 5 months and never switched it off.. never faced overheating problem. BTW Modems/Routers are designed so that it can be run 24/7

OP
Z

zackmartin

Right off the assembly line
I have my BSNL modem ON for the last 5 months and never switched it off.. never faced overheating problem. BTW Modems/Routers are designed so that it can be run 24/7

Right, but many of the users have utstarcom modem. It has heating problems. So you should be careful about it.

Huweii Type-I modems rock, esp the older ones with multicoloured lamps which could act literally as a hardware network monitor.

1. Avoid Overheating, as the original poster said
2. Use OpenDNS as the DNS servers, or use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 as DNS servers
3. Ensure that you don't have any firewall configuration problems. SELinux can be a pain in the ass for n00bs, I heard.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I use UTSTARCOM and have freq disconnections..at that point I normally off-on the modem..I have felt the heat when I do the process.
thnx 4 the info..wil try it out.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
My modem--

those chips get heated pretty much even the pcb has gone pale

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/3526/image011bg7.th.jpg

So what i did :D --

*img263.imageshack.us/img263/8830/image0142he8.th.jpg

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/303/image0152ts8.th.jpg

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Just keep it under the AC :)

btw nish_higher, no need to flaunt your camera by the 750kb+ pix :) nice work anyway :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i have a utstarcom wa 3002 g1 router. . dont have frequent disconnections. . .but sometimes , rarely , or when there is rain , adsl link gets disconnected .. i am on ul900+ and use the router for well over 14 hours continously a day. .

@nish , which router do u have ?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I think nish uses huawei smartax mt800 which is the same as mine :) not sure though.

@acewin

simple, just keep it under the ac's outlet. or, buy a small fan(usually found in kids toy shops, runs with 2 batteries) and keep it facing the air holes in the modem.

@grendel

i dunno who's siggy is this, but punctuation is the difference between "i helped my uncle jack off a horse" and "i helped my uncle jack, off a horse"

acewin

Point Blanc
not thinking to buy AC as yet, heehe, but still my router isnt getting in bad condition due to the heating as yet, I also keep it on 10-14 hours everyday.

I have actually 2 internet connection at my home. The BSNL wireless is on when my roomy comes. Otherwise airtel provided beetel adsl router is what I keep on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom