Software to shutdown computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi guys.
I was wondering, is there any software that could turn off my computer at a specified time?
Also, is there any bittorrent client which has the same facility?
I don't need random suggestions/guesses.
I want working ones. I want it from those who have successfully tried it/them.
I don't care whether it's free or paid.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
For the BT querry use Utorrent

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/9853/torrentdo8.th.png

Last edited:

ramprasad

In the zone
write a script that shutdowns the computer and schedulre it at the specific time u want... Hope I can help u with the code..
Code:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject_
    ("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Shutdown)}\\" & _
        strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colOperating Systems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems
    objOperatingSystem.Win32Shutdown(1)
Next

Copy and paste this code in Notepad and save the file as "shudown.vbs".
Open Scheduler in Windows and set it to run this script at a specific time u want.

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
PaulScholes18 said:
For the BT querry use Utorrent

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/9853/torrentdo8.th.png
Thanks Paul. U helped upto an extent. I was thinking if there were any client(s) which had an option to enter shutdown time.

ramprasad said:
write a script that shutdowns the computer and schedulre it at the specific time u want... Hope I can help u with the code..
Code:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject_
    ("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Shutdown)}\\" & _
        strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colOperating Systems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems
    objOperatingSystem.Win32Shutdown(1)
Next
Copy and paste this code in Notepad and save the file as "shudown.vbs".
Open Scheduler in Windows and set it to run this script at a specific time u want.
I don't know if it would work. It may or may not.
But I'm not easy/cool with using vbscript. I mean I don't like using scripts if it's gonna interface with my OS.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Auto Power-on & Shutdown is the software you require. Been using it daily for more that a year now :D

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
charangk said:
Auto Power-on & Shutdown is the software you require. Been using it daily for more that a year now :D
Thanks. i tried it & it's definitely the one I was looking for. But since it's a trial, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to buy it. Thanks again.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
g_goyal2000 said:
Thanks. i tried it & it's definitely the one I was looking for. But since it's a trial, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to buy it. Thanks again.

As I said before I have been using that software for more than a year now. I use it mainly for downloads from 2AM to 8AM. I have configured it to turn on my PC at 2 AM, connect to the internet , run Azureus , then at 7:55 AM it closes Azureus , disconnect the internet and then Shutdown/Hibernate. All from this single piece of software. The software has never given me any problem at all tilldate :)

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^amp win off is gud

or simply in run type
shutdown -s -f -t xx

xx is time in seconds. so if u want to switch of comp after 8 hrs - xx=28800

mustang

Broken In
If You Want A Accurate Shutdown Software Then it could be a powerfully automatic software that turns off your computer at the user-specified time.you have log on to this site,i definitely sure that you will be satisfied with this software
www.gold-software.com

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
coolsunny said:
there is one named - AutoShutDown .. u can try it.very simple & less size..
Started using Auto Power-on & Shut-down on other users recommendations. Feeling comfortable with it & is fulfilling all my requirements.
But anyway will still try AutoShutDown. Who knows, it may turn out to be better than "Auto Power-on & Shut-down".

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
First, create a new shortcut on desktop (or anywhere u like)....When u r asked to enter the location of the item...give the following command as is...
shutdown.exe -s -f -t 1
Click 'Next' and then enter a name for the shortcut and then click 'Finish'.

Now, Go to Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks->Add Scheduled Task...click 'Next' on the screen that follows...then Click on 'Browse' and browse to the folder where u created the shortcut...now double-click the shortcut to add it...on the next screen give a name to this task and schedule it to run daily by clicking on the 'Daily' radio button under 'Perform this task:'....Click 'Next' and then set a particular date and time for it to run...click next again and enter ur Windows logon password...click 'Finish' on the following screen...

Now, u have a scheduled task which will run at a time specified by u...and the task itself is a command to shutdown computer automatically....

U can change the date/time of this task...to run as and when u want it to run...I have been using this trick for many years now and don't find the need to install any softwares for this purpose...This is the easiest way to "Automatically Shutdown" ur computer without the need to install any softwares and above all..ITS FREE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom