Software That is both Shareware and Guiltyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer

If you can’t beat software pirates, at least make them feel guilty. That’s exactly what Alessandro Levi Montalcini is doing with people who use cracked codes to register his USB Overdrive software for Mac.

As soon as someone enters pirated key following message gets displayed:

*i42.tinypic.com/1zn8ihc.png

Via: *www.labnol.org/software/shareware-software-also-guiltyware/6077/

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Well. I loved this one! And yeah this should be implemented by major software vendors. I know WGA of Windows stands at similar level.. But the language used should be a little more revealing.. Not just like "You maybe a victim of Software Counterfieting." Noobs wont take it for nothings.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
But imagine if all software companies starts flashing this sort of message (after accepting the FAKE Key) than after sometime users will say/think WHO CARES :D ;)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The only question remains, How do they actually determine which code is actually pirated and which one is not?

jal_desai

In the zone
ya may be they can stop a few american (or watever) ppl from pirating... i dont think it will stop indians from using them.. before u all jump on me, lets face the fact..even if someone calls indian person cheap, he'll most probably say "aah.. thank u for noticing! thank u"... However, it is a good move though! GUILTYWARE :D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Guiltyware...softwares which propagate this stuff should be downloaded like anything.
In this unaffordable costly world the last things which can afford to carry is conscience.

ambika

learnhardy

If you can’t beat software pirates, at least make them feel guilty. That’s exactly what Alessandro Levi Montalcini is doing with people who use cracked codes to register his USB Overdrive software for Mac.

As soon as someone enters pirated key following message gets displayed:

*i42.tinypic.com/1zn8ihc.png

Via: *www.labnol.org/software/shareware-software-also-guiltyware/6077/

Nice one...i appreciate that... but i think no morality left from user side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom