Software installation problem in fedora 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
hello friends please help me. I installed fedora 9 from digit dvd after 3 to 4 days whenever i install any software by package kit it says that "No network connection avalaible." When i click on more information it says "cannot install offline". this happens even when i am online and then also when software source is specified as the fedora 9 dvd and dvd is also present. So i update my system and install new package kit but even then the same problem persists :cry: please help me.

fabler

Journeyman
hello friends please help me. I installed fedora 9 from digit dvd after 3 to 4 days whenever i install any software by package kit it says that "No network connection avalaible." When i click on more information it says "cannot install offline". this happens even when i am online and then also when software source is specified as the fedora 9 dvd and dvd is also present. So i update my system and install new package kit but even then the same problem persists :cry: please help me.

Hi do the following steps...

1. vi /etc/yum.repos.d/install_media.repo
2. Add following lines in it..

[install_media]
name = install_media
baseurl= file:///mnt
enabled = 1
gpgpcheck = 0

NOTE: file:///mnt is the mount path of your CD/DVD drive..

and you're done.. now try to install softwares via yum from command prompt or you can use software add/remove GUI application of fedora 9.

if you have any further query post here...

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
No i was not talking about repository it even occurs when i select the dvd as medium. I have corrected the problem first update your packagekit then restart. Then login as root go to /etc/PackageKit/ u will find a single file there open it with gedit. There you will find two lines "default = yes" and"UseNetworkManager=yes" 2 times change all 4 yes to no. and save restart ur computer and it works it works for me upto now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom