Software for automatic Shutdown

vampire2311

Right off the assembly line
Is there any software for automatic shutting down my pc at fix time??

I am a student & I need such software to download contents at night 12:00 to 3:00 am and after 3 am my pc should shut down automatically..

Guys please help me. My morning time is just spent in school and tuitions and I only get night for using internet..

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes you can do it easily.

Open Task Manager ---> File ---> New Task(Run...)

And type the following command exactly as it is!

shutdown -s -f -m -t 60

Explanation:

-s will shutdown your computer
-f will force the running programmes to shutdown
-t timmer settings (60 means 60 seconds, calculate the hours in seconds and put it here)

Hope this will help you.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
Yes! The command which I gave in my previous post above, does give a warning. It starts the countdown.

You can abort the shutdown by typing:

shutdown -a

This will cancel the shutdown.

sygeek

Technomancer
@OP: Try Tech2Me's method, it's better than installing some bloatware.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
AMP Winoff does the job just fine. You can schedule and also shut off, when it detects no transaction on your data ports..!

clmlbx

Technomancer
well I am using shutdown scheduler.. very useful, shuts down my computer before power cut Daily...

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
You can try Winutilities
It is a tuneup software and has a lot of other system utilities including registry cleaning, auto shutdown( or restart and log off), registry backup and restore, file protection etc.

Saurav2007

Broken In
simply try Switch Off - best in its class

Switch Off - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Simply put in
Code:
shutdown.exe -s -t 10800
and save it as BAT file and copy its path to HKLM -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Run -> New String value
Hope you know how to handle registry.

Drawback -> It will shutdown computer every 3 hours after you start (unless you work for less than 3 hours during day. At night it's just fine according to your timings).

VarunN

Right off the assembly line
Use windows task scheduler to execute C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s and set the time u want it to execute..

it gives notification a minute ahead of set time.

Top Bottom