Positive Experience Snapdeal - Lucknow - TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Router (TD-W8968)

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Snapdeal - Lucknow - TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Router (TD-W8968)

URL of product : TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Router (TD-W8968) - Buy @ Rs.2210/- Online | Snapdeal.com

Date of purchase : 06-03-2014

Tracking ID / Order ID : 1787586896

Your PIN Code : 226016

Courier used : BlueDart

After doing a lot of research and tech opinions, I decided to buy TP-Link ADSL2+ Router TD-W8968. Initially interested in buying from flipkart, I decided against it as they were offering only Version 1 of it. So, the other option was Snapdeal.

I visited Snapdeal website on 21st Feb 2014. There it was listed at INR2214. They also mentioned - "Extra 10% Cashback with Citibank Credit Cards" . I left a query as to how that will be done like will I be paying only 90% of the amount or will I get it back in my credit card account. They answered on 25th March 2014 but then it was too late and the offer was gone.

I placed the order on 6th March 2014 at 4:02PM and paid it using Credit Card. Then it was listed at INR2218 and I got cashback / discount and paid INR2100 for it.

According to snapdeal, the Estimated Dispatch Date was - On or Before Mar 10, 2014. I saw - "Delivery (or dispatch not sure) in 2 Business days" written on that page.

On 7th March, I received an email that mentioned that it has been shipped and the Estimated Delivery Date is - On or Before 10/Mar/2014.

I received it on 11th March at 4:30PM. I must say I expected it in a day or two (being sent through BlueDart) but its ok.

It was nicely packed. The actual router package was wrapped neatly in bubblewrap and then in a cardboard box. It was in a proper shape and had not much sign of tear / bumps.

Opening the package, I found that everything was intact (the actual router packing was unopened) and nothing was broken. All the contents were as per mentioned by TP-Link.

So, Full Marks for packaging to Snapdeal.

It took some 4-5 minutes to unpack and plug it in and then some 5 more minutes to manually install it as a wired adsl router. Some 5-10 minutes to install WiFi feature along with protection in it. I checked it using my Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic and it works like a charm. I checked it by closing the door and going out of my house and it works properly.

I think not much description is needed about w8968 as much has been talked about it and the process is still going on.

At this point, I would like to mention that some 6-7 months back I left a query about the Version of W8968 on their website and the called back and told me that it is version 2. (don't remember the time taken by them)

Coming back to Snapdeal, my experience with them is Positive in terms of Price, Quality and delivery time (can't say much about customer care as I have not experienced much). I am definitely going to buy more from them if required / given a choice and would also recommend them to others.

Top Bottom