SMPS for high end systems?? plz suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogXP

Broken In
I have an AMD Dual core 3800+ processor on a ASUS A8N-E mobo with XFX 7800GT PCIe 256MB graphics card. A 512MB 400Mhz DDR Ram , 160GB Maxtor SATA HDD and Sony DVD Writer , VIP G100 Cabinet completes my system. Im in coimbatore, the Cabinet was bought in bangalore and came with a powersafe 350W SMPS. I know this PSU is not enough for my system but am using it at present. I want to get a 450W or higher SMPS with 24pin mobo power connector and atleast 6 peripheral power 4-pin connectors as I plan to add 4 cooling fans to my cabinet and will also be getting a CPU Cooler soon. Plz suggest the best PSU for this system and where I could get them in coimbatore or bangalore or chennai.. ..My budget is 3K but I will consider paying higher if adviced with a good reason.

Also plz tell me if there is any harm in continuing using the current 350W PSU when playing games at high settings.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i dont think 350 watts will do

i suggest goin for Antec-500watts
it is definitely the most reliable one around
but might cost above 4k

OP
H

hotdogXP

Broken In
I checked out the antec smps but they seem to be too costly even a 350W cost 3.5K. I saw a few previous posts in this hardware forum a few ppl have suggested to get zebronics or powersafe 500W .....are they good enough to handle my system. What is the term used in some brands called true power watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom