Status
Not open for further replies.

prophet

Broken In
1. Budget- 18K

2. Display type and size? ATLEAST 3.5inch

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? BAR

4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung, HTC, SE, LG, Motorola

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
TOUCHSCREEN

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus,
front facing camera.ATLEAST 5 MP

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone
etc). ANDROID(more inclined), WINDOWS(less inclined)

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G+WIFI

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming
etc)? GAMING, INTERNET AND MULTIMEDIA

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE +, MOTO DEFY + ETC OR WHATEVER SUITS MY NEED BASED ON SUGGESTIONS

12. Any other info that you want to share
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF SAM AND OTHERS COULD SUGGEST ME A PHONE WHICH WILL HAVE XDA DEV SUPPORT AS WELL AS WHICH IS FUTUREPROOF...

Empirial

Youngling
LG Optimus Sol with Ultra AMOLED Display. 17k via Flipkart, Letsbuy & Infibeam. This phone will receive ICS from LG soon.

OP
prophet

prophet

Broken In
i would be buying the phone within 2-3 months, i hope their arent any new releases for the time being
i have even created a pool of prospective purchase-
Samsung Galaxy R(may extend the budget for a dual core and 1 gig ram)
LG Optimus Black
LG Optimus Sol
Moto Defy Plus
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

and theres even a Windows Phone Samsung Omnia W..
I am still open to suggestions :)

aroraanant

Explorer
2-3 months!!!!!
There are going to be new phones in the market by that time and the price of the current phones will surely decrease.
So would suggest you to ask when you are ready to buy(a week or 2-3 days before when you are gonna make your purchase)
If you are gonna make purchase now then consider SE Neo V

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
in 2-3 months all current Gingerbread mobiles will be discontinued and new batch of dualcore + ICS + superior display based mobiles will be there in 20k range.

Neo V, Galaxy R, Optimus 2X, Black are all going to be discontinued in this time. 2X is already discontinued.

OP
prophet

prophet

Broken In
if i'll wait for 2-3 months and stretch my budget a little bit should i go for Galaxy R or theres going to be some competition for Galaxy R

vetdrchandan

Broken In
in 2-3 months all current Gingerbread mobiles will be discontinued and new batch of dualcore + ICS + superior display based mobiles will be there in 20k range.

Neo V, Galaxy R, Optimus 2X, Black are all going to be discontinued in this time. 2X is already discontinued.

Why you are so sure that will happen. I am going to wait till last march. Till that time some new models come in that range?? I was thinking to buy SE Neo V.

aroraanant

Explorer
@SAM- how can you say that all phones will be discontinued in 2-3months.As I don't think so, we are not having a single ICS phone in Indian market right now as we won't be having any before March.And the ICS phones will be available at a premium price.Yes Dual core phones will surely decrease the market of single core phones.
We all know that there is shortage of Galaxy R, Neo V price will most probably decrease in sometime but will not be discontinued and I don't have any idea about LG phones so will not comment on that

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if i'll wait for 2-3 months and stretch my budget a little bit should i go for Galaxy R or theres going to be some competition for Galaxy R

if you wait 2-3 month you'll get Galaxy S Advance or "maybe" HTC Incredible S2.

Why you are so sure that will happen. I am going to wait till last march. Till that time some new models come in that range?? I was thinking to buy SE Neo V.

Sony has already announced 2 highend replacement for their Arcs. So in WMC, we'll most likely have the Neo V's replacement which as rumors suggest have same display size but will sport a dual core processor, 1Gb ram, ICS.

@SAM- how can you say that all phones will be discontinued in 2-3months.As I don't think so, we are not having a single ICS phone in Indian market right now as we won't be having any before March.And the ICS phones will be available at a premium price.Yes Dual core phones will surely decrease the market of single core phones.
We all know that there is shortage of Galaxy R, Neo V price will most probably decrease in sometime but will not be discontinued and I don't have any idea about LG phones so will not comment on that

i don't know about Motorola's plan as they hardly care about Asian market. Samsung should release S Advance in a month or so which will either push R's price down to 16-18k or Samsung may discontinue it rather than selling it for such low price. Sony too should announce Neo V's replacement in WMC and if we are lucky, we'll have it appear in online shops by Aprils first.
even i am not sure what LG has planned as there is not even a single leak about a budget dual core mobile from them neither has HTC planned an Desire S replacement which now clearly shows its age. so in 3months time, we should have a lot of new mobiles to choose from unless manufacturers are super lazy to even launch mobiles.

vetdrchandan

Broken In
SAMSUNG GALAXY S PLUS I9001 go for this presently selling on 18990INR on ebay

SAMSUNG GALAXY S PLUS I9001 - Black - Door Buster Deal | eBay

OP
prophet

prophet

Broken In
i think i'll buy it later when the market has more to offer, will buy a dual core 1 ghz processor as well as a 1 gig ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom