small question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Any idea if Chandni is cheaper than Nehru Place or not??
Wayy cheaper, you won't believe some of the prices we get. Even the large store sell items cheaper, and in the footpaths you can get a HDMI cable for 50/-, or a sata cable for 5/-

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Wayy cheaper, you won't believe some of the prices we get. Even the large store sell items cheaper, and in the footpaths you can get a HDMI cable for 50/-, or a sata cable for 5/-

And reliability is just like lottery ticket. ;)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yeah that, but more reliable than micromax :twisted:

Agreed, for i have sinned!

And i am feeling guilty, just before leaving india , i convinced a senior friend of mine to buy Micromax Infinity Tab at Rs.7500. He's budget was 10k! to buy an outstanding, hyper advanced feature-rich and smoother-than-ipad2 tab ( we read a lot of posts like this such as "future proof gaming rig in 40K).

However, i made him understand that it doesnt work that way, the world doesnt work that way. Then i browsed flipkart and suggested the micromax tab which actually met all his fancies( u wonder how),and he bought it.

After that weekend i left india, next day me browsing flipkart, the prodcut was 35% off price anounced ( First Blood), poor guy called me, me picked up the phone, he told me the screen was a bit wobbled at places (double kill) ( he still dint know about price cut). I couldnt help but agree to abuse micromax a bit in that call. Next day phone again and the mini USB was not working (monstah kill) ( he still dint visit flipkart).

3 days now, no calls. I can guess the trauma and and agony... and so dear micromax.....i blast you between your eyes:evil:

tkin

Back to school!!
Atleast they give you warranty in Nehru Place..:razz:

Who??
No no, in Kolkata they give warranty too, for genuine products, we are talking about duplicate stuff, like 50/- hdmi cables etc, shopkeepers here give a standard week to test it, after that if it break your fault, of course you could buy original for 300/- with bill.

Agreed, for i have sinned!

And i am feeling guilty, just before leaving india , i convinced a senior friend of mine to buy Micromax Infinity Tab at Rs.7500. He's budget was 10k! to buy an outstanding, hyper advanced feature-rich and smoother-than-ipad2 tab ( we read a lot of posts like this such as "future proof gaming rig in 40K).

However, i made him understand that it doesnt work that way, the world doesnt work that way. Then i browsed flipkart and suggested the micromax tab which actually met all his fancies( u wonder how),and he bought it.

After that weekend i left india, next day me browsing flipkart, the prodcut was 35% off price anounced ( First Blood), poor guy called me, me picked up the phone, he told me the screen was a bit wobbled at places (double kill) ( he still dint know about price cut). I couldnt help but agree to abuse micromax a bit in that call. Next day phone again and the mini USB was not working (monstah kill) ( he still dint visit flipkart).

3 days now, no calls. I can guess the trauma and and agony... and so dear micromax.....i blast you between your eyes:evil:
Amen to that, have you read my micromax thread? Its in the rma watch section, do visit.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
No no, in Kolkata they give warranty too, for genuine products, we are talking about duplicate stuff, like 50/- hdmi cables etc, shopkeepers here give a standard week to test it, after that if it break your fault, of course you could buy original for 300/- with bill.

Amen to that, have you read my micromax thread? Its in the rma watch section, do visit.

They give warranty for the fake stuff as well in Nehru Place.. The footpath guy would say, "Agar 6 mahine se pehle khraab hua toh yahan wapas le aana.. Doosre de denge".. And i think as if i'm gonna remember which footpath shop i bought this thing from..:punch:

tkin

Back to school!!
They give warranty for the fake stuff as well in Nehru Place.. The footpath guy would say, "Agar 6 mahine se pehle khraab hua toh yahan wapas le aana.. Doosre de denge".. And i think as if i'm gonna remember which footpath shop i bought this thing from..:punch:
Oh, they say that here also, but we don't ever try to claim it, they will probably beat us to a pulp :lol:

Its nothing but tricky loopholes in economics and manufacturing. India does not make electronics, nothing like they can not, but for the cuts of government fund allocated to manufacturing goes into dark and is legibly corrupted.
To make electronics, you must know electronics and above all you have to have super advanced laboratories and R&D sections in your country which we do not have, again not like we can not afford, its just we dont and so deal with it.

hence india to befit its technological gloss and other needs of electronics imports hardware from countries like china japan taiwan korea APAC and East side countries so that these parts can come cheap, and the yen INR conversion rate is way less exhaustive than doller-> INR....products from china and taiwan are dominant in india because they offer cheaper devices with less brand quality and longivity and specially china offers them more because the transport is basically done through border areas in Nepal.

Speciality of Nepal is, its a backward state with socio-economical dependency over india where Nepal-> india import duty is almost zero.... Again nepal cant afford high-end electronics from china but they need imports and china needs marketization. Its also true on the other way, dont think indian govt gives an inch free to Nepal or to china, but difference is when the goods are finally in our soil, indian market totally supresses the fact that they have claimed goods for almost zero taxation and then govt imply their own devised taxes on them before release.

So, when you go buy china product in down markets, they are way cheaper, when they become branded and sealed, they are not. From US to india no such transaction is possible because we dont have common land. Hence it becomes imminent that US will claim fantastic taxes when despatching goods to india, that tax will be paid by our govt and then with more exaggaration by you along with hundred more clauses and regulations.

US dont need aggression in indian market nor they are depenedant on indian market penetration, they are on their own and dont give a s8 if u dont buy their products cheap. Also above all this, in this billion population country, competition is more, so first the trend becomes to offer many offer cheap, when people are bent on using them, it becomes higher becuase providers know we will use it anyway and we want it.

Then it turns to be a reverse ratio of price and competition where price doesnt really go down with increasing demand or competition. Lastly Indian govt has the bad habit of discouraging foreign trade yet dependant on them, as we might as well see in our own state kolkata also, thus it will ultimately come down to politics.

Finally, I read it.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Oh, they say that here also, but we don't ever try to claim it, they will probably beat us to a pulp :lol:

I claimed it but then not from the same guy.. Just went up to the first footpath guy and told him that i had bought the stuff just last week(4-5 months back) and it has now stopped working.. He silently gave me a new one!!!:D

Finally, I read it.

:clap2:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I claimed it but then not from the same guy.. Just went up to the first footpath guy and told him that i had bought the stuff just last week(4-5 months back) and it has now stopped working.. He silently gave me a new one!!!:D

meh.. try to do that here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom