small aluminium foil(silver coating) on side of hdd came off

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc801

Right off the assembly line
guys....i bought a new seagate 120gb harddisk but on inserting the drive in the drive bay it was tight so i pushed a bit and the small aluminium foil(silver coating) on side of harddisk came of a bit...now i can slightly see a small hole. so i called the seagate guys and the told me the warranty is void and the harddisk may die soon because the silver coating was blocking the air not to go inside(thats what he told) and now the air will go inside.
he advised me to cover the small opening with a tape or something. he said they wont repair it even if i pay the money. the harddisk is working fine now but it may die soon that is what i am fearing.
so what can i do now guys. also how can i increase the space for inserting the harddisk.

Re: small aluminium foil(silver coating) on side of hdd came

cc801 said:
guys....i bought a new seagate 120gb harddisk but on inserting the drive in the drive bay it was tight so i pushed a bit and the small aluminium foil(silver coating) on side of harddisk came of a bit...now i can slightly see a small hole. so i called the seagate guys and the told me the warranty is void and the harddisk may die soon because the silver coating was blocking the air not to go inside(thats what he told) and now the air will go inside.
he advised me to cover the small opening with a tape or something. he said they wont repair it even if i pay the money. the harddisk is working fine now but it may die soon that is what i am fearing.
so what can i do now guys. also how can i increase the space for inserting the harddisk.

Not much you can do about warranty. However hard disk cage is easily and cheaply replaced at you local comp dealer.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Do nothing now the silver tape should be put back in place covered with a transparent tixo tape and use the hdd as normal. I dont think its likely that dust has entered inside and can cause a disk crash in the breif moment. About the warrenty well thats another matter as said i think its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom