Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I recently changed my DVD Writer from Sony DRU 160 to Samsung's SATA based one and since then dunno why my system slows down whenever it is doing some task related to the the drive.
My system is
Core2Duo E6300
Asus P5LD2VM-SE (945 chipset)
2x1GB DDR2 RAM
400GB HDD
I'm using Winows XP SP3 (Amit_Talkin one)

a_tif

Journeyman
Garbage said:
It's NOT original / genuine SP3

Windows XP SP3 yet to be released.

Beta of sp3 is available from microsoft's site

there is also a thread in this forum about it

i have also installed the beta of sp3 . it is quite stable

a_tif

Journeyman
I have known that pc slows down when a drive is unable to read the disc properly

do u have a problem with few discs or all disc's ?

Do check ur cables, switch cables to check if there is a power problem

chandru_skc

Software Engine
Rudick said:
I'm using Winows XP SP3 (Amit_Talkin one)

that amit_talkin one isnt a genuine xp... sp3 is not yet officially released... you are using an unattended cd version with some softwares preinstalled using a software called unattended cd creator (nlite)....

try other xp version such as xp sp2....

a_tif

Journeyman
utsav said:
Check the transfer mode of ur hdd and odd from device manager

As utsav said check the transfer rate

in sata-II hard disk's there is a jumper at the back which when used makes the disk work in sata-I mode

check if the jumper is in. if its there then remove it so that it can work in sata-II mode.

Also check if DMA is on for the optical drive

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
The HDD is SATA I and the probable reason according to my study would be that the mobo I'm using supports SATA devices through BIOS upgrade i.e. it runs SATA devices in enhanced PATA mode, there is no native SATA support so as my both HDD and DVD drive are SATA, its proving to be a bottleneck.
Hence I'm planning to go for P5 series mobo's, shown in Nov edition, next year's first trimester.
Moreover its configures any IDE device as Primary device and other devices connected to SATA ports as Third and Fourth Master or Slave accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom