Sleep Pc,Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I love listrening to songs be4 going to sleep ....but the problem is that i sleep of and my pc remains on for a long time be4 shutting down (4hrs)...i wanted a software thet shus my pc down at a particular time ....I treid to google 4 it but all the ones i got were big or shareware .....Any small free alternative der??

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Take your pick:

*www.freewarehome.com/System_Utilities/System_Tools/System_Startup_Shutdown_t.html

aadipa

Padawan
u can use "shutdown.exe"
its builtin command in xp.

else best GUI tool is SwitchOff. Its free and easy to use.
Also don't consume CPU cycles like other bulky programs.
get it at : *yasoft.km.ru/eng/

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Good one there, the SwitchOff tool, but shutdown.exe can only be used a timer, not an advanced shutdown tool that allows you to set the exact time, save your files, etc. etc.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm am not too sure.. but y dont u try power saving option.. like swtiching off the harddisk and switch of monitor in 1 hr or sumthin..

left click in desktop..

Screen Saver Menu->there power saving options..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Whats the point using the power-save options if you want to shut the computer down at a specific time? He pretty much wanted to shut the computer down, not to put it in a powersave mode. And oh, you mean Control Panel>Power Options although I guess you can get to the Power Options panel this way too. :D

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Auto Power ON and POWER OFF
*www.lifsoft.com/download/power-on.exe

Or,
And, u can use task scheduler to turn off by using the shut down command.
i m using this.
c:\windows\rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows. (win98)
for xp and 2k google it or get it from some help

-Vishnu

Shutdown

Allows you to shut down or restart a local or remote computer. Used without parameters, shutdown will logoff the current user.
Syntax

shutdown [{-l|-s|-r|-a}] [-f] [-m [\\ComputerName]] [-t xx] [-c "message"] [-d[p]:xx:yy]

Parameters

-l : Logs off the current user, this is also the defualt. -m ComputerName takes precedence.

-s : Shuts down the local computer.

-r : Reboots after shutdown.

-a : Aborts shutdown. Ignores other parameters, except -l and ComputerName. You can only use -a during the time-out period.

-f : Forces running applications to close.

-m [\\ComputerName] : Specifies the computer that you want to shut down.

-t xx : Sets the timer for system shutdown in xx seconds. The default is 20 seconds.

-c "message" : Specifies a message to be displayed in the Message area of the System Shutdown window. You can use a maximum of 127 characters. You must enclose the message in quotation marks.

-d [p]:xx:yy : Lists the reason code for the shutdown. The following table lists the different values.

rather than installing any softwares you can change use this and set the time for shutdown
good music lover like me!!!enjoy

parthbarot

In the zone
u can use "jet audio" & can set timer for that...
which shuts down ur PC ok?

or create shortcut & path "shutdown -s -t 0"....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
neerajvohra said:
Shutdown....Allows you to shut down or restart a local or remote computer. Used without parameters, shutdown will logoff the current user.

Dude, shutdown.exe only allows timers to be set for shutdown. You CANNOT program the exact time, nor can you save information on programs. You wouldn't want to be downloading a 300MB+ file in the background or a Word file with half-saved data or a DVD ripping and have them quit, would you? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom