Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
thanks for the info!!!

What kind of net speed does one have to look at to use this software. In my office i have a broadband but at home i have a wireless Tata indicom 115kbps connection. Will that be good enough??

rohanbee said:
thanks for the info!!!

What kind of net speed does one have to look at to use this software. In my office i have a broadband but at home i have a wireless Tata indicom 115kbps connection. Will that be good enough??

33.3 KBPS Modem will suffice. Depending on available bandwidth, Skype will need 3 Kbps to 16 Kbps.

If you have broadband, Skype will use about 0.5 Kbps of your bandwidth continously even when it's idle. This is done to reduce network congestion and share available resources over the network. A bit like P2P filesharing or Bit Torrent where you have to give something to get something.

-Keith

rohanbee

Padawan
ok will download and try it out. Have some friends abroad on the skype network. Let see how it works on my connection.

rajas

In the zone
I saw about SKYPE today on BBC's technology programme Click Online. was told as the good programme to make calls and also highly used.

Well havent tried it yet, but heard alot abt it.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Skype is really clear and better that Y! i guess since I used y! messeneger 6 i guess.On dialup it takes some time to get adjusted though usually 2 min.

Charley

Just Do It
Sreekanth V said:
One doubt, if I am not online and someone calls me, will I know about the caller when I come online.

This will help u with that.

*www.free-downloads.net/programs/SkypeForwarder

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Thank you, that is a good addon to skype. But the user opinion is bad ,but I dont think so, since the complaint is it is not working in iMac. It work with windows pc, enough for me. :wink:

Now I am waiting for some one to call me :!:

Charley

Just Do It
Sreekanth V said:
Thank you, that is a good addon to skype. But the user opinion is bad

Why do u wanna read users opinions , they say different things. :)

I'm usng it for many months and it does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom