Status
Not open for further replies.

mukul

Journeyman
frends i wanna know what this skype is ?(in details)
well there is lot of hype and hoopla about it these days
i gotta know
some one plz tell

digen

Youngling
Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers.

Skype.com

Basically its a p2p connection for voice connectivty for free.Check out the above link to learn more.

Skype (pronounced to rhyme with ripe) is a peer-to-peer internet telephony network, founded by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis, the creators of Kazaa. The Skype code and protocol remain closed and proprietary, but potential users can download it for free from the official site. Skype users can speak to other Skype users for free. The software also includes a SkypeOut feature which allows Skype users to dial regular telephones, for a fee. This is 0.017 Euros (US$0.02) per minute to many countries..........

Unlike international long-distance calls made from conventional phones, which are rated according to the relative distance between countries, SkypeOut bills all calls according to the relative prosperity of the country, the volume of calls made from and to a given country, access charges such as those to mobile (cell) phones. This rating method is used due to the fact that calls are rated the same regardless of place of origin.

This way, a SkypeOut user will be billed the same for a call placed to a phone number in London, whether the user is calling from his/her PC in London itself, from an internet cafe in Sydney, or from Honduras. The Global Rate which is the one used for many countries, and all First World countries, is currently 1.7 Euro Cents per minute. Credit, which is necessary to use SkypeOut, is usually purchased via credit card or online services such as PayPal or Moneybookers. The current deposit is either 10 or 25 Euros but if the service is not used for 180 days this expires automatically.

Source: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype accessed Friday, July 08, 2005.

Keith

Charley

Just Do It
I have Skype and been using it for over 7 months now.

The voice clarity is pretty good. I can connect to almost all Skype users across the globe. Also if u wanna call ppl with no Sype installed u have to pay a small fee which is far lower than the intl rates[ISD].

S

sunnydiv

the best part about skype is

you can call usa regular phones @ 1 rupee per minute

Elitecoder

Broken In
also one more thing, there comes a problem sometimes that the connection becomes very slow sometimes.
although this happens only once in a while, it can irritate people.
but you have to bear a little with a great revolution.

expertno.1

Technomancer
achacko@dataone.in said:
I have Skype and been using it for over 7 months now.

The voice clarity is pretty good. I can connect to almost all Skype users across the globe. Also if u wanna call ppl with no Sype installed u have to pay a small fee which is far lower than the intl rates[ISD].

hey achako un have brodband na but on mine gprs it doesn't play a good voice..........yahoo gets more good on that..believe me

anoop

Broken In
why use skype..try yahoo messenger beta

hey guys/gals

try yahoo mess 7 beta version.You have pc to pc phone calls and remind you the clarity is more good compared to skype....

-Anoop

Charley

Just Do It
Re: why use skype..try yahoo messenger beta

anoop said:
hey guys/gals

try yahoo mess 7 beta version.You have pc to pc phone calls and remind you the clarity is more good compared to skype....

-Anoop

Is this free?

@Expert 1 - I havent used it on GPRS, I'm really not aware but otherwise seems my purpose is solved cos of SKYPE.

anoop

Broken In
skype or yahoo??

yes yahoo mess beta is free and u dont need to pay a penny for computer to computer calls

-Anoop

anoop

Broken In
u can use skype or yahoo mesenger will work with any internet connection.Only the speed varies...from one to another thats all..u can use skype in bsnl broadband

-Anoop

rohanbee

Padawan
unless bsnl does not let you acess the skype network cause they will start to loose money this way. Why would they let you use their network to make calls for rs.1 when they can charge you rs.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom