Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
Hey, Greetings to you all.
Did you grab a copy of skoar magazine? Well I had it and I must say that it was worth the money. Not for the DVD contents which have Americas army: special forces two 2.20 full version and legacy of kain as the main attraction but for the magazine as the game reviews are very good to read and the comments for the screenshots are also very funny. I expect the same views from you all but you have full choice to oppose me. This is what forum is for. I would like to get all the previous issues of skoar if digit gives a special offer like it had given last year. I would certainly not buy skoar at full rates but at discount rates. So digit hear me. By the way, Raabo, arent you going to include the full version of final fantasy free version and other full games in the july issue.

Warm regards
A gamer

pallavnawani

Broken In
anshul said:
By the way, Raabo, arent you going to include the full version of final fantasy free version and other full games in the july issue.

final fantasy free version ?
What is that? I have never heard about such a thing!

Pallav

anubhaw

Right off the assembly line
i kind wait to get my hands on this new SKOAR! with DVD.... i hav 5 of teh last 6 ones.... ;-D
which game demos r to look to in dis dvdised SKOAR! ????

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
blah !!!! the reviews were like the others i've come across in some other mags/net ... the same old demos ..... only good thing was the trailers ... skoar better think of becoming bimonthly or they might/will really have a huge drop in salees ....

sumitava_b

In the zone
Can anyone post me the major contents of the two skoar DVDs? I went to the site but didnt find anything about DVD contents :( . Is there any full big game there?
:?:
To tell the truth, I am not much familier with skoar. I am still amazed how they r filling 8 GB there.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
There are 2 DVD's this time, named GameZone and Overload.

GameZone

Action: America's Army Special Forces 2.2, America's Army for Linux and Mac, Crusader No Regret, Doom 3 for Windows and Linus, Grand Theft Auto 2, Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death, PoP: Warrior Within

Adventure: Leisure Suit Larry Series

Patches: America's Army for Linux and Windows, Diablo 2: LOD Overload Mod 1.01 By Yogendra Pai, Doom 3 Patch for Win and Linux, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst

Sims: FlatOut, Road Rash

Vids: F.E.A.R.

Overload

Action: Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Half Life 2, Tribes: vengenance

Arcade: Air Strike 2, Cloud Phobia, Duke Nukem: Waiting For Forever, Genocide: Remixed Edition, Soldat, Xenon 2000: Project PCF

Media: Disciples 2 Map Pack, Source Code For Duke Nukem 3D, Game Soundtracks, UT2004 Skins, Game Wallpapers

Vids: Lotsa vids, HL speed demo, Advent Rising, Crash n Burn, PoPWW, Bards Tale, Shaolin Monks, Far Cry Insticts, Unreal 3 Engine Demo, Tekken 5, VTMB etc etc.

rohanbee

Padawan
is skoar worth subscribing especially for strategy gamers??
most of these gaming magazines keep concentrating on rpg and fps games..........

anuraag_01

Broken In
i am not sure if there are gaming mags for any specific genre....sure we like some genres more than the others, but i don't think score has been any ignorant bout strategy games. aom, the lors of the rings stuff, the hobbit, warcraft, etc etc...all these have been reviewed and featured sometime or the other....

Arachnid

Broken In
Well....this issue could have been better. Thats to start with.
Here's the flaws i can REMEMBER.

1 - The reviews were too freakin short. Especially the HL2 review was just 1 page! Screenshots exculded. One screenshot has the message "AI Disabled" on it. SO im assuming the reviewr (Richard Roy - you need to get a job with Punjab Kesari or something) cheated his way thru the game and wrote a lame a55 review. Hell - Tron2 was given more wordcount!
2 - the POP:WW review. Again Mr.Roy - make up your bloody mind. You say the combat system is a problem, and yet you cant stop heaping words of praise about it?
3 - Skoar's really learnt a lesson or two from GameForce and Rage. Whats the matter? YOu guys too cheap to run a spell check? Why? you had 4 freaking months to get the mag out!
4 - Please can you stop using a Flash interface for the CD's/DVD? Just stick to what Digit does and use HTML!
5 - Please poison or strangulate Richard Roy. Howe much is he paid? Is he paid? Why the hell are you paying him? What prompted you to hire him? He's bad at writing reviews.
6 - Great DVD contents.

sumitava_b

In the zone
ctrl_alt_del said:
There are 2 DVD's this time, named GameZone and Overload.

GameZone

Action: America's Army Special Forces 2.2, America's Army for Linux and Mac, Crusader No Regret, Doom 3 for Windows and Linus, Grand Theft Auto 2, Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death, PoP: Warrior Within

Adventure: Leisure Suit Larry Series

Patches: America's Army for Linux and Windows, Diablo 2: LOD Overload Mod 1.01 By Yogendra Pai, Doom 3 Patch for Win and Linux, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst

Sims: FlatOut, Road Rash

Vids: F.E.A.R.

Overload

Action: Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Half Life 2, Tribes: vengenance

Arcade: Air Strike 2, Cloud Phobia, Duke Nukem: Waiting For Forever, Genocide: Remixed Edition, Soldat, Xenon 2000: Project PCF

Media: Disciples 2 Map Pack, Source Code For Duke Nukem 3D, Game Soundtracks, UT2004 Skins, Game Wallpapers

Vids: Lotsa vids, HL speed demo, Advent Rising, Crash n Burn, PoPWW, Bards Tale, Shaolin Monks, Far Cry Insticts, Unreal 3 Engine Demo, Tekken 5, VTMB etc etc.

Thanks for ur info. I assume that which ever games u mentioned r not demo. Then its....WHAO :shock:

kirayamato

Right off the assembly line
hi can anyone help me!!.......i need to subscribe to SKOAR! but i can't find the subscription form anywhere........the mag is hard to find...... can u please tell me where i can get a subscription form????
thax in advance

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
You just bumped up a 3 year old thread. Kindly look at the contents before posting in the thread.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom