Sify Broadband Went Mad for 6 hours, check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkypats

Right off the assembly line
My sifybroadband of 256kps unlimited had some technical problem on 20th April 2007, and it gave me a internet speed of about 5+Mbps for about 6 hours from 10:30PM to 5AM, i stayed up all night and downloaded like hell. 1GB of data was downloding in about 35 to 40 minutes. Can you believe it.
I did a speed test on speedtest.net and the result is displayed below for you all to see it.

*www.speedtest.net/result/128345433.png

Last edited:
OP
F

funkypats

Right off the assembly line
I dunno tats y, now a days i am checking if it happens again ever, maybe they had some problems tats y

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
678 kb/s

That isn't much. Unless that is 678 kB/s. But I think Speedtest.net reports speeds in kilobits, not kilobytes. In that case, the speed is only around 85 KBps. Am I missing something here?

vish786

"The Gentleman"
it happens to me also but not to tat extent... my connection is 128kbps... due to some problem in bandwidth frequency i get a speed of 512kbps... and then wat i start downloading a new movie... :D

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
aryayush said:
678 kb/s

That isn't much. Unless that is 678 kB/s. But I think Speedtest.net reports speeds in kilobits, not kilobytes. In that case, the speed is only around 85 KBps. Am I missing something here?

Well the only thing you are missing here is that we usually operate on speeds like 256 or 512 kbps not kBps .. so even if it's not B it's still a lucky steal

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well one night i had a diwali bonanza normaly download speeds start falling or remain constant with time for me they kept on increasing ... they touched 600 i got screenshots man i downloaded vista beta max payne and a host of other softwares that night ...:D

devil_me

Broken In
I dont actually need those charms.. coz I m on 2mbit connection already. so I get those speeds usually. 220KBPS full time. wohoooo

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well for some reason this happens every now and then with Sify some where around !!! in every week i see this type of Post some where in a Forum or User groups, Discussion board !!!

lalam

In the zone
Lol i must have been lost that night god damn it i missed it! Btw if any sify and i mean sify users comes across this again pm me in this forum a.s.a.p. ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom