reddychandra

Right off the assembly line
dear all
i am using a dual core 1.8ghz processor pc with 1gb ram. i am using windows xp as o/s. i am using avg free antivirus software. The problem is on every start up there is a pop-up message telling SICHOST.exe cannot be found. click OK to continue. whenever any external memory device (pen drive/ hard disk/ memory card) is inserted a folder with the name SICHOST.exe is created inside each and every folder on the inserted. Antivirus like avast used to delete or hide such folder making inaccessible. pliz suggest

Flash

Lost in speed
Install Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download and do a search.
It should remove this trojan.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
dear all
i am using a dual core 1.8ghz processor pc with 1gb ram. i am using windows xp as o/s. i am using avg free antivirus software. The problem is on every start up there is a pop-up message telling SICHOST.exe cannot be found. click OK to continue. whenever any external memory device (pen drive/ hard disk/ memory card) is inserted a folder with the name SICHOST.exe is created inside each and every folder on the inserted. Antivirus like avast used to delete or hide such folder making inaccessible. pliz suggest

get this : ( Iso File )
Download Avira AntiVir Rescue System | Official Website
make a bootable CD
Boot your pc using the Cd.
Scan your pc using this and delete whatever it finds.

Vignesh B

Youngling
sichost.exe aka Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Small.hy is another variant of the famed svchost.exe malware. Although most of the major antiviruses should remove the malware. It do be better if you acquire the route of boot time scanning or create a rescue CD.
AVG Rescue CD
Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Kaspersky Rescue Disk / Virus Removal Tool
Bitdefender Toolbox

Once the malware is removed, just scan with Malwarebytes ANti-Malware just to be 100% sure.
Also remember to dis-infect all the usb drives you plugged into the PC.
Finally, you may also need to re-enable the registry.

Top Bottom