Shuttering Audio in Windows 8.1 x64 (G41 Combo)

Naxal

Little Kid
Hello,

I am having a PC with following config.

Intel Q6600
Nvidia 9600 GT
Gigabyte G41 Combo

I am running Windows 8.1 and ever since I installed the Windows 8.1, my audio is giving me strange shuttering jittering issues while playing music, movies.. Be it with any applications, WMP / VLC anything !!!

I am running updated Audio / video driver but still same issue :(

Any suggestion ??

System was fine with Windows 7 or even Windows 8 too, its just with Windows 8.1, I am facing this issue !!!

Please help :(

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
Try reinstalling the audio drivers...

That's the first ting I have done from my own head but no help.. :(.. It never had any issue with Windows 8 or Windows 7, but with Windows 8.1, even when I downloaded the updated driver from Realtek website, still the problem persists !!

:(

PS: you have pretty hardware.

My old horses are nothing compared to your power rig :p.. But its still getting my job done and with no problem till date, before this sound issue pop'd up !!

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
got the same proccy and m/b as yours. used to have the same problem as yours with windows 7. i just un-installed and re-installed the drivers. note that the audio drivers for revision 2.0 are different than the one for rev 1.3 & 1.4. the problem didn't completely go away, but was improved considerably than before.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
got the same proccy and m/b as yours. used to have the same problem as yours with windows 7. i just un-installed and re-installed the drivers. note that the audio drivers for revision 2.0 are different than the one for rev 1.3 & 1.4. the problem didn't completely go away, but was improved considerably than before.

Thanks for the comment.. I checked, my mobo is too Rev 2.0.. So what do I do ?? Reinstall the OS because I tried to reinstall the drivers, but the problem is not getting solved !!!

Gollum

Collector
Thanks for the comment.. I checked, my mobo is too Rev 2.0.. So what do I do ?? Reinstall the OS because I tried to reinstall the drivers, but the problem is not getting solved !!!

try to disable enhancements in the audio control panel. Can you tell which player do you use?
See if the output device is set as your sound card and if all the codecs are installed.
Try installing k-lite codec pack and then check
What about windows sounds?

Top Bottom