Should there be an Apple section?

You know the question.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
No, THis is why you need to use a a feature-full and customizable browser like Opera or FF

I would like to remind people of this forum what the famous NY Times tech columnist David Pogue had to say* about Apple on the eve of iPhone launch: Today we see the birth of the third biggest computer platform - iPhone, Apple & Windows. Period.

* Not exactly the same words, but pretty much implied the above.
lolz :D:rolleyes::!:

CadCrazy

in search of myself
No Apple/Mac discussion should be allowed in this forum. The one in QA section should be deleted. This is WIN/LIN only forum :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sourav, in your argument (argument being the operative word here), you keep focussing on the iPod and the iPhone and how having an Apple thread would separate them from other MP3 players and phones. But you are completely disregarding Macs and Mac OS X. Name me one section where we can appropriately ask how to format a hard drive on Mac OS X and be assured that it will be noticed by other Mac users? Linux users have a place they can post their problems in and have them answered by fellow Linux users. There is no such place for Mac users.

There are three major desktop computing platforms right now—Windows, Linux and Mac. This forum has put its entire weight behind catering to the former two. But now that the latter one has become quite a presence on this forum, it’s time to welcome it with open arms. I don’t want to keep posting all my queries in one thread where they’re easily buried within a week. I don’t want to have to inform other Mac users myself every time I create a new Mac related thread. And I sure as hell just can’t hope that they’ll stumble upon it all by themselves.

There really is no justification for not having a stronger representation of the Mac platform on this forum, now that we have so many dedicated users ready to rake in the benefits from it. None at all.

@iMav,
Great post, man. Thanks for the support! :)

F

FilledVoid

Linux users have a place they can post their problems in and have them answered by fellow Linux users. There is no such place for Mac users.
Technically, we come under the Open-Source section not the Linux section and I'll scream bloody murder if someone divides it . Theres like kabillion of distros :D.

I seriously fail to see the logic behind not having an Apple Section / Subsection. Theres like Apple threads all over the place. Not to mention if you do a search for something based on Apple theres a 75% chance it points to that humongous thread in the QNA section. May the person looking for the information in that thread have the patience to go through all those pages, cause seriously I would rather check for information on some other forum.

Aryayush: Why not just check with the admins. Send Raaabo or Fatbeing a message and ask them to take a look at things and explain why a section for Apple users would be to the Forums and other users best benefits. After all, they are the only ones who can make this section right?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Technically, we come under the Open-Source section not the Linux section and I'll scream bloody murder if someone divides it . Theres like kabillion of distros :D.
it implicit :D but not so obvious until second thought.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I voted No because : Right now with whatever little time I get to browse this forum, I rarely check Gamerz section .. So if Apple threads are in (say) News section, I'll read them .. but if all of them will go to Apple section its more probable that I'll skip them .. It will become another ghetto ..

goobimama

 Macboy
News will always be news. We aren't talking about total isolation (like we have the power to do that) of anything and everything related to Apple. We're talking about threads like "What are you favourite iPhone apps", "Just got my Mac, what should I install", "Interesting articles", and well, stuff like that. I don't think even if you tell him you can stop Aayush from spamming the Technology News section with his incessant Apple threads.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Of course, when Apple releases new MacBook Pros or there’s a second version of the iPhone, we’ll still post it in the Technology News. In fact, I already do that judgement in my mind when I decide to post about some Apple related news on this forum. If it’s something of general interest and important enough, it goes in the Technology News. If not, the Apple thread it is. That will continue.

But the Apple thread is falling woefully short now.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Ah well , Why not?
The number of guys using Apple related stuff are growing steadily , also even though our resident mac geniuses dont acknowledge them , we do have a few guys using 'Hackintoshes' too.

If not as a main section , perhaps as a subsection of the Q&A section.
Either way , i'm ok with it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Aryayush: Why not just check with the admins. Send Raaabo or Fatbeing a message and ask them to take a look at things and explain why a section for Apple users would be to the Forums and other users best benefits. After all, they are the only ones who can make this section right?
Well, that’s what goobimama is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom