should i upgrade xperia u to ICS or not?

flawed

Right off the assembly line
hello world ,
i've just bought a new xperia u just a few days back. im tempted by the features in ICS and they also said that ICS improved camera performance.
But the scary thing is i've seen reports on the net that ics upgrade in xperia u makes the phone laggy and brings in a lot of bugs.is this true?

i need your advice both pros and cons

should i upgrade it or leave it with GB?

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't think that would be a very good idea: *www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=ch....r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.bmk&biw=1636&bih=839

However let android experts comment on this.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Xperia U is a powerful phone... But Sony's implementation of Android is crappy...

But there are some really amazing custom ROMs for Xperia U which will more than double your performance, and without stupid bugs... I recommend CyanogenMod 9 -- Xperia U Android Development - xda-developers

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
As @AndroidFan suggests, go with Custom ROM. Much better compared to crappy updates from Sony. Custom ROMs offer better performance, excellent battery life, and few new features from JB, it's all upto you to decide what to install and what not.

OP
F

flawed

Right off the assembly line
As @AndroidFan suggests, go with Custom ROM. Much better compared to crappy updates from Sony. Custom ROMs offer better performance, excellent battery life, and few new features from JB, it's all upto you to decide what to install and what not.

well, does it hinder my warranty?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Warranty is void only if you unlock the bootloader. Installing custom ROM doesn't void warranty (though keep in mind not all custom ROMs are available for locked bootloader)

tkin

Back to school!!
Warranty is void only if you unlock the bootloader. Installing custom ROM doesn't void warranty (though keep in mind not all custom ROMs are available for locked bootloader)
What if the bootloader is unlocked by default?

tkin

Back to school!!
What do you mean.unlocked by default??? All Sony Xperia bootloaders are locked from factory
Not for sony, asking about my LG L9, the bootloader is unlocked, if I use a custom rom can I revert back, so the service center can't tell I rooted it?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Oh okay. Yes if it is factory unlocked then all you have to do is just revert to stock firmware and kernel. You won't face any problems

desai_amogh

In the zone
Getting back to Xperia U ...

Can anyone tell me if there is any good custom ROM i can use without unlocking the bootloader, for Xperia U??

Top Bottom