Should I Buy This ?

acervenky

Broken In
I Have A Xperia P And It Has That Defect Of Bubbles In Transparent Strip.I had went to Sony Service Center But They Said That It Will Cost Around 2.5 k :shock:
I Came Across This Site : Sony Xperia P lt22i Touch Keypad - Parts4repair.Com
Local Repairman Can Fix It,But He Needs The Spare.
So Is parts4repair.com reliable ? Or Any Alternative.(Costs $6.90 Around Rs.400)

guru_urug

iGoogle
If your phone is still in warranty period,then you should get the problem rectified for free. IMO as I understand it, the transparent strip serves no purpose other than glowing with different colors for notifications. If the phone is working fine, the bubbles should not be a problem worth spending money over unless its a major aesthetic sore. Can you attach a picture of your problem?

OP
A

acervenky

Broken In
Heres The Image Illumination Bar.jpg
And Home Button Is Not Working.
My Phone Doesn't Have Warranty (Bootloader Unlocked)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If your phone doesn't have warranty as you unlocked boot loader you may as well as lock it again.
There should be instructions available of XDA forums to revert back the phone to completely stock ROM.

It isn't a year since purchasing is it? If the service center doesn't acknowledge the warranty you may very well post a complaint in the Consumer Court.

OP
A

acervenky

Broken In
If your phone doesn't have warranty as you unlocked boot loader you may as well as lock it again.
There should be instructions available of XDA forums to revert back the phone to completely stock ROM.

It isn't a year since purchasing is it? If the service center doesn't acknowledge the warranty you may very well post a complaint in the Consumer Court.

Yes,I Had Locked The Bootloader And Also Installed A Stock Rom,Unrooted Everything Before Going To The Service Centre,But They Verified My IMEI Number And Said That My Bootloader Was Unlocked.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes,I Had Locked The Bootloader And Also Installed A Stock Rom,Unrooted Everything Before Going To The Service Centre,But They Verified My IMEI Number And Said That My Bootloader Was Unlocked.

What verification of IMEI did they do? I don't think it's possible to change IMEI irrespective of whether you install custom ROM or not or root or do anything similar.
They might have played a bluff and you obliged with them :facepalm:

randomuser111

Technomancer
What verification of IMEI did they do? I don't think it's possible to change IMEI irrespective of whether you install custom ROM or not or root or do anything similar.
They might have played a bluff and you obliged with them :facepalm:

No.

When you unlock bootloader on a Sony Xperia you are required to submit your IMEI no to Sony. That is stored in Sony database

Top Bottom