Should I Buy the PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hi friends , I am willing to buy the playstation portable within a couple of days , the problem is that i have never used it before , so i have a couple of questions .
1 : How is the sound quality , can it be good for playing mp3's
2: How is the video playback , is it enjoyable to watch video clips and movies .
3: How are the availability of games in india , what will be the average price per game . I have heard that we have to buy some separate umd disks for playing games , can we download games and play directly from the memory card.
4: And last but not the least , how is the battery life ?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
!. good enuf for headfone(if u got god ones)
2. its gr8. if u encode mp4 in the right way
3.average is about 1400 and have to buy diff umds for each game, and YES(for downloadin games etc but thats piracy) :D
4. my one lasts for bout 5-6 hours playing games

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Better test it out at sony world before buying. most of users love playing games on it. but some cannot get used to the screen or to the keys.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
You ll get a modded slim for 8.5k.

Don't pay for a modded one. Mod it yourself. Not only will you save some cash, you'll also end up learning a lot of stuff about the PSP.

Also, the Sound Quality is fantastic. Anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea what he is talking about. I own a Creative Zen and the PSP trumps it when it comes to SQ. Never before have I heard such pure tonal modality and such controlled Bass. If only the PSP had better music management [which hopelessly sucks] and was a bit more portable, I would have never bought the Zen.

And the video quality is the best Portable experience out there, save for the Cowon A3, the Zen W and the Archos.

Besides, once you mod your PSP the possibilities are endless. You can do just about anything from listening to internet radio to controlling your TV!

I have a PSP too, and after the PS2 [which I also own] it is the most value for money gadget out there.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^lol, you're making me laugh man.

The "volume limit" as such, cannot be removed. But it is not soft, and unless you are a volume addict, which is bad for your ears anyway, the volume is more than sufficient.

But you do get software that amplifies the volume upto 400% of the regular.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
What is the difference between the new psp slim silver and the old one , since the new one costs around 1.5k more .

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Don't buy unmodded slim . u will end up bricking ur psp (maybe not ) but dont try to fix things yourself as i just broke my psp like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom