Should I buy Sony Xpeia Pro from ebay?

rahuldude09

Broken In
I was looking for mobile offers on ebay.com and stumbled across the new, never used Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro for a very low price of Rs.13K. But the thing is that it has a warranty card, "international" as they say which is not valid in India and hence gives dealer warranty for one year. This is not a big issue for me. What worries me is that, the seller is saying this device is imported from US/UK/Hongkong and also can be updated to Android 4.0. I would be updating this phone from India. This is where I doubt. I mean would this be a genuine product first of all? How much will I be effected by the product being imported from abroad and last of all would you all recommend me for buying this?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't worry you will be able to update it here in India.But the warranty thing is of lil worry as if any problem comes you will have to get it repaired on your own.

OP
R

rahuldude09

Broken In
Don't worry you will be able to update it here in India.But the warranty thing is of lil worry as if any problem comes you will have to get it repaired on your own.

So I will go by your words that I would be able to upgrade and the fact that it has a dealer warranty means Just that I would not be able to get it repaired from the SE service center, right?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes, and if you want to get it repaired fro Sony service center then you need to pay for it and they charge huge.

OP
R

rahuldude09

Broken In
Yes, and if you want to get it repaired fro Sony service center then you need to pay for it and they charge huge.

Okay. I have never bought any product from ebay, so I am a little new here. I have good experiences with Flipkart and Snapdeal.
One thing which I am not understanding is that the webpage where the mobile is listed for buying, says -"This listing has ended".
What does this signify?

aroraanant

Explorer
means it is no where available.But no worries there are many listings on ebay, you can get the same for 12.5-13k easily

Top Bottom