Should i buy 2 TB Internal HDD or Two 1 TB HDDs?

ajaymailed

In the zone
WD Caviar 2 TB Internal HDD is going for 6.1K at flip kart. I was thinking about reliability of 2 TB HDD. What if it fails? the entire 2 TB just gone. The Plan i had in my mind is to buy 1 TB right now and then later purchase another 1 TB when prices fall further. I dont store really important data anyway its just media, games etc. But i was thinking about possibility of entire 2 TB failing.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if it is not important data then to save money buy 2tb(my suggestion seagate 2tb 5900rpm,forget WD caviar green buy at least blue & black is too costly).in case of hdd luck is the most important factor & also if you can visit a big market like nehru place,delhi or lamington road mumbai then buy directly from there(just my personal opinion).

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
thanks for the suggestions guyz. Although i am using Computer since a decade, never had a HDD Failing, only had corrupted partition which i had to format. I also wanted to know about using Enclosure/Case for internal HDD to use it as an external HDD as well. can i use it just like external hard disk, with power, USB etc.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes if you buy a enclosure then you can use the HDD as an external HDD without any problems. :)

Yes if you buy a enclosure then you can use the HDD as an external HDD without any problems. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have extra money, go for a couple of 1TB drives. I have bad experience with both WD & Seagate 2TB drives. If money is a concern and data is not so important, then go for 2TB.

gameranand

Living to Play
Also better get WD Black series or Blue series rather than Green series. Many say that Green series is not that reliable. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blue series doesn't have any 2TB drive afaik. Black series are too costly and not so easily available. And Seagate Green series are also not reliable.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah but WD Green series had some issues IIRC. Many didn't liked them, also OP didn't gave any budget so I suggested that. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Segate is also not without issues. They have issues also and they provide 1 year warranty only unlike 2 year for WD.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
I am also willing to purchase 1tb internal hard disk, i searched almost all online sites but unable to get WD 1Tb cavier blue..can anybody help me????

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
Yeah but WD Green series had some issues IIRC. Many didn't liked them, also OP didn't gave any budget so I suggested that.
My budget 1 Tb is around 5K and for 2 TB its max 7K.

I am also willing to purchase 1tb internal hard disk, i searched almost all online sites but unable to get WD 1Tb cavier blue..can anybody help me????
WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Desktop Internal SATA Hard Disk WD10EALX

Top Bottom