Should DIGIT stop enrolling subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nksinghal

Broken In
DIGIT is repeatedly faltering in delivering the magazine to its subscribers month after month. Even the complaints of subscribers are not being attended to. I think its high time that DIGIT should stop enrolling subscribers and should issue refund to the existing ones. What you have to say.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Dude, then what is digit suppose to do? Are you asking digit to shut down? If you dont like the magazine then don't buy it.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
not exactly.. but seriously.. they should look at the jewel covers of the DVD.. i mean they are pathetic.. not of any use..

Should DIGIT stop enrolling subscribers - They cant, coz they cant !

not exactly.. but seriously.. they should look at the jewel covers of the DVD.. i mean they are pathetic.. not of any use..
+1 with you.... where are the good guys over digit? all mad or what? blood brimming covers... hey, we buy tech magazine no leonardo da-vinci mags :D
Dude, then what is digit suppose to do? Are you asking digit to shut down? If you dont like the magazine then don't buy it.
:D:D:D

pawihte

Right off the assembly line
Dude, then what is digit suppose to do?
They should take steps to deliver the magazine to their suscribers earlier, at least at the same time that it's available on newsstands. That's what they are supposed to do, and that's what subscribers have been screaming for years.

Don't be fooled by my low post count. I've been around for a long time, and I've been subscribing to Digit since long before they changed the name from CHIP. But I finally stopped renewing my subscription several months ago because I kept getting my copies long after it's sold on newsstands. Complaints did no good. And I know that they've been receiving numerous complaints from other subscribers too.

Are you asking digit to shut down? If you dont like the magazine then don't buy it.
That's a stupid, childish way of looking at it. Anyone who sells a product to the public has an obligation to keep up certain standards of quality and service.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Anyone who sells a product to the public has an obligation to keep up certain standards of quality and service.
I agree. But its not like digit has lost all its standards. Its going down, but they'll improve i hope. In some ways digit is better than CHIP and PC WORLD.
And I dont subscribe to digit because of their late deliveries. I buy it from the news stand. And those who have already subscribed, i guess digit can't do anything about it. Even if they can, they wont listen to anyone. Next time, dont renew your subscription.

OP
N

nksinghal

Broken In
All those subscribers who have missed out on deliveries of DIGIT are encouraged to list their experience here. I have already served the DIGIT a legal notice for not delivering JULY 2008 issue of DIGIT and I am fully prepared to sue them. But I would add here if DIGIT cannot take care of its subscribers it must stop enrolling them.

looks like somebody is very upset .....
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/10large.png

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I also get my Digit only after 10th of every month. Already mailed to digit, but no reply. And I must mention that I dont live in remove area, I am living in Delhi.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
what the heck????

dude...have u blown it???? Digit is a magazine....a forum is a social service for us from them...where do u think they get the money to handle all this..please stop being a weirdo...if u want to stop then stop...digit doesnt need to STOP enrolling just it couldnt give it in time to u...the editor cant hand deliver...there could be logistics problem for ya....where do u live anyway??

well you dont wanna mess with it coz the mag has lost it's charm.
for us pretty keralites, it's damn slow.... arrive at 20 or some....
really, mag sux.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Did I mention Living Digital ? LOL :)). Read that mag someday :D.

Digit is waay better than those ugly-chicks-posing-besides-products mags :D. LD dosent review stuff, they play with words and just write the specs of the product and say that it performed good/bad :D. On the other hand, Digit has some calssy benchmarkers, reviewers and editors :).

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^No.

BTW, isnt that publisher have a name. Its called CyberMedia if I'm not mistaken and they suck :|.

Digit and CHIP are best.

THe worst is SKOAR! in which they try to look cool but turn out to be some hopeless bunch of weird and retarted gorillas.

:|.

R2K

In the Zone
^^

Ya the publisher is cybermedia (forgot to mention it)

The dumbos at that mags think that their mags are read by enterprise administrators and owners..... they got nothing for normal audience.... They are only interested in servers, routers and technology which a normal guy or a small/medium class company can never think of implementing...

thadeus

Broken In
I was once a subscriber to digit and would never be one again in my life.

I prefer to buy the magazine from the news stand - that is always faster and safer than the 'be at the mercy of THE merciless dispatch department' thing a.k.a. digit subscription.

On a more serious note, I think a publisher as big as this should really review the way they work. Resting on the banknotes that rain would only ensure them a drought. Hope that they are trying to improve, or at least want to.

I agree with nksinghal. He is damn right about saying digit should stop taking new subscriptions. Why keep adding up to a list of people that end up hating you?

thadeus

Broken In
SEE, mr.thadeus joined digit in 2006 and only has 6 posts..... holy s!t !
and he's complainin......
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/3large.png

With all due respect Mr.Hari, having only six posts does not make me any worse than you are, and does not deprive me of the right to complain because I paid the subscription with my own hard earned money and not with my dad's (like some of you do).

And do not think that having 152 posts grants you any right to smear at and make fun of people. Try to learn from the people who have way over 500/1000 posts and still do not let it get to their heads.

And let me remind you that quality matters, not quantity.

And I am beginning to wonder if all your 152 posts were meaningless and worthless as the above.

I normally do not waste my posts like this, but you owe it to yourself for provoking me.

You do not need to answer this post, because I would not bother to even read it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
To the above poster. If you believe he provoked you why not just report it ? An eye for an eye concept is so 70's .

Anyway personally I have stopped buying Digit due to the delay involved in getting the product at the right time to Kerala especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom