Shortcommings of LG Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Friends I am starting this thread coz I am still confused that y we always prefer SE and Nokia over Samsung and LG....I have never used any of these brand once soo dont know anything....
Samsung is the 2nd best seller over the world...whats the problem here..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I don't like L.G & Samsung because...

1) They don't have a good OS. But this is changing now as L.G is going to use Windows Mobile while Samsung is using Symbian & Windows Mobile.

2) They lack a PC connectivity software like Sony Ericsson PC suite or Nokia PC Suite. This isn't a problem with Windows Mobile phone though from these manufacturers.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but samsung make some of the most sleek and stylish sliders...not much popular though in India

LG Arena seems something new...a new OS

rajhot

S60 rocks
2) They lack a PC connectivity software like Sony Ericsson PC suite or Nokia PC Suite. This isn't a problem with Windows Mobile phone though from these manufacturers.

They have Samsung PC studio for Symbian & SHP models also.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but if samsung is soo unpopular in our country then how come they sell the 2nd highest number of cellphone throughout world...

rajhot

S60 rocks
but if samsung is soo unpopular in our country then how come they sell the 2nd highest number of cellphone throughout world...

Samsung has strong hold in Europe and Korean markets. Samsung's windows mobiles were sold like anything last year though their symbian counterparts weren't so successful.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Both these companies offer poor after sales service atleast in asia-pacific region which is a major setback.
Posted again:
Both these companies offer poor after sales service atleast in asia-pacific region which is a major setback.

Last edited:

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
^^Samsung has really poor after sales service at least in hyderabad..took three months to change a F480 display :mad: :mad:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
My mother's Samsung mobile sometimes report that I am using a broken SIM card and hangs. For this I have to take out the battery and reinsert it. Sometimes it even faild to start. Samsung really sux.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LG for example have a market share of 24% overall in India. But that includes both CDMA and gsm. And in gsm they only have about 3%.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok thats about sales...but Lg and samsung have some good gsm mobiles like LG viewty which at one time sold better then Iphone...great features..but here i never saw it with anyone
It even have good pic quality good video recording and touch screen...

As our previous friends said they must have real bad after sales service...soo bad word of mouth sunk them here:oops:

Tamoghno

Padawan
For me its call quality ans os. As per my experience samsung have very bad voice quality . I have no experience in high end lg gsm gsm phone . But my friend had a lg "car style" folding phone. It was so horrible .

Also i find great value in nokia phone. I once considered samsung i450. But after comparing with n81 i realizee nokia offers so much more for a little extra money.

But i think the condition might change with android though. I am really looking forward for android phone from low end manufacrurer

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
LG's battery backup sucks...I have used a couple of mobiles of LG and the battery backup was just not up 2 the mark..

Nokia's are VFM..I prefer only Nokia or a SE..

ECE0105

In the zone
I don't like L.G & Samsung because...

1) They don't have a good OS. But this is changing now as L.G is going to use Windows Mobile while Samsung is using Symbian & Windows Mobile.

The PC Suite for SE Phones is just crap.

When you connect in Phone Mode, there are only two options.
1) Synchronize
2) PC Settings

And in Data Transfer mode, you've got three options
1) Quicktime
2) Disk2Phone
3)Adobe Photosmart

And all these three again have to be installed separately.
I don't see any real use of it.....

But if you consider Nokia, There is so much you can do like image/video/music transfer, Backup the phone
Sync the contacts etc......

Never used LG/Samsung, neither do I know anyone who uses them... So can't comment about the connectivity options.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
man either u havent used SE PC suit properly or poor knowledge.....it has all...backup restore....contact syncro...media transfer...even u can convert in to other format before transfer...u can save sms in PC....which setting u want in a PC suit...which u think SE Pc suit dont have...

Ok its not as user freindly as Nokia PC SUIT...but definitely do not lack features

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
WTF!! With phone explorer you can backup ur sms, ur contacts, ur recent call history..evrything. It recognizes the phone as a external memory drive and you can simply copy paste whatever you want inside the phone.

ECE0105

In the zone
This is what I found, when I installed SE PC Suite and there are no additional options coming up when I connect a phone.

*i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/Overdrive413/SEPCSuite.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom