Shopping Spree for new rig -- Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
It's finally time for me to ask my fellow forum members for advice on buying a new computer from scratch.

Let me make things as clear as I can. My budget is about 95k, and I'll be using the rig for a fair bit of movies and music, a decent (but not too much) bit of gaming, but mainly for number crunching and compiling _lots_ of code.

One more thing : I am _not_ and overclocker, and I severely doubt that I will overclock anything on this rig.

My requirements :
Processor : I was thinking E6600. It's the best value for money as far as I can see right now. E6700 if I can afford it along with everything else.

Graphics card : I looked at BIG 8800GTS 320MB @ 15k according to priceguru. Is that believable? Will there be any difference between that one and XFX if I don't overclock anything?

Monitor : Widescreen, the larger the better. I was thinking about Viewsonic 22"

Keyboard and Mouse : I need wireless, and ergonomic. Anything else is a bonus.

RAM : 4GB. I was thinking about Kingston, then someone told me you can get Corsair 1GB 667 for 2200 instead of the 4k which itwares says. Is that true? Does it matter?

HD : 2x250GB or 2x320GB. Which brand?

Stuff about which I have no clue :
--- Sound Card
--- Speakers (I need 5.1, so not totally clueless)
--- Motherboard
--- Cabinet
--- PSU
--- DVD Writer
--- I also need a 4GB Flash Drive
--- Where to buy any of this stuff in Chennai.

Do I need anything else?

If anyone of the hardware geniuses can suggest anything (with prices please) I'd appreciate it. Thank you. Have a good day.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Proccy : Intel Core2 Duo E6600 (~11k)
Mobo : Asus P5W-DH Deluxe (~13k)
RAM : Corsair VS PC5300 2*1 GB (~5k)
GPU : XFX 8800GTS 640 MB (~24k)
Sound Card : Creative XFi Xtreme Music (~6.5k)
Speakers : Logitech X530 (~6.5k)
Cabinet : Antec Performance TX1088AMG
PSU : Corsair 620HX (~6k)
DVD Writer : LG H42N (~2k)

Now u have a lot left for the remaining things :D ... U can try this shop to purchase new things : *www.theitdepot.com/

gannu_rox

In the zone
HDD: 2x320GB; More than half a TB... Tat shud suffice...

Brand: Seagate;MAxtor; Western Digital...

Both in Raid 0...

Speakers; creative Megaworks or tha Artis x10 mini; Bass is xcellent; The former's also Thx certified....

I'd been quoted the price of E6800 as 20k, I mus be wrong... Check'em out... The e6700 shud anyway fit ur budget....

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
Thanks guys. I did a bit of looking around myself, and this is what I found :

E6600 : 10600
Viewsonic 22" Widescreen : 19500
XFX 8800GTS 320MB : 19000
Logitech X-530 speakers : 5400 - Are these any good? I seem to remember seeing them somewhere.
Kingston 667 4*1GB : 8800

@deathvirus_me : Although that shop stocks a huge variety, it's pretty overpriced. According to priceguru, the 965P DQ6 motherboard from gigabyte costs 7350. According to the IT-Depot, it costs 16500.

Nobody was able to tell me where the above keyboard can be bought. Does anyone know? Any help on anything else would also be nice.

assasin

Banned
i think that u sud buy a Intel P35 chipset based mobo instead of 975 or 965.
go for Asus P5K DLX WiFi-AP.
its better to buy 8800GTS 640MB instead of 320 cuz u'll need the xtra vram when gaming at high resolutions.
the onboard sound sud suffice.u sud spend the xtra cash on more ram.

@deathvirus me : among Corsair and Antec which makes better PSU?
plz give me name of vendor and contact no. where i can buy Corsair,Antec and ATI stuffs.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...config looks nice, but since u want number crunching better get a quad core CPU & 4 GB RAM

Get a geforce 8600 insted, u won't need the extra performance but will save on electrcity insted.

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
I think you're right, gx, about the graphics card. But I can't get quad core. Right not it's upwards of 40k, and I can't wait for the price cuts. But I may pick E6700, if I can fit it in.

Can anyone give me a list of keyboards that are cordless, and possibly ergonomic (wave)? And what is the price of Logitech's gaming MX-5000 Laser?

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
People, I need help with the motherboard. The Gigabyte one I want is nowhere to be found, and probably won't be found for another 2 weeks or so. Can anyone tell me which is otherwise the best (in terms of performance, durability and compatibility with my other components) motherboard? I'll say again, that I'm not an overclocker, that hardly makes a difference to me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom