Sharing wired internet over wi fi

tamalsen

Broken In
Now this is a complicated issue, so i couldnt think of a better place to pose this question. Bear with me here-

I get my internet over lan. There are 2 systems in the house, and i want that internet to be available to both of them via wi fi in such a way that one computer does not depend on the other being switched on to access the internet.

Secondly, i am setting up another independent pc, which will be my cheap version of NAS Storage, which should make all my files accessible via wi fi to both the other computers.

Any suggestions?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Code:
Internet----WiFi Router________PC1
                 |     ________PC2
                 --------------NAS/PC

_______ means wifi
-------- Wire.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
Thanks!
are there any tutorials for that? i mean
the internet service will need setting up of ip addresses and will have login info... plus how to make hard disks available for access via wi fi network?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You don't really need a tut for that.

You will only need to set the router once. The internet guy will do it when they come for installation. Just select a strong password.

Now your two PC will see your routers SSID and just enter the password once. It'll save. Set it to auto connect.

You can just share the files to make 'em available. Your PC needs to be on.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
All your recepient devices should have a wi-fi adapter. Use WPA2-PSK protocol for security on the router. Keep the firewall on.

Last edited:

nirav

Right off the assembly line
ya, agree with thetechfreak, there are brute force tools to break into wifi, I would suggest use passphrase

Top Bottom