Sharad Pawar will be ready to become PM in case of a consensus: Patel

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
ew Delhi, Mar 3 (PTI): NCP chief Sharad Pawar will be certainly ready to become the Prime Minister if there is situation where there is a consensus on the issue, his party leader and Union Minister Praful Patel has said.

"And this gossip of merger with Congress, which happens many times, that is never possible," Patel said in an interview to Prabhu Chawla on 'Teekhi Baat' television programme.

"If there is a situation where there is consensus on the issue, then why not Prabhuji, Sharad Pawarji will be certainly ready (to become Prime Minister)," he said, adding, "But I think to talk like this now is basically wrong."

Noting that Pawar will remain the President of NCP and that the reins of the party will be with him even if he did not contest elections, Patel said Pawar will be NCP's candidate for the post of Prime Minister.

Asked if he was willing to work under Rahul Gandhi if UPA is in majority after the general elections, Patel said, "Certainly."

To a question that he and Pawar would both be willing to work under Rahul, the Minister for Heavy Industries said, "Who will take decisions (speaking of Congress-led UPA) is not the issue.

"The government runs on the basis of the largest party, Congress is the largest party in UPA and it does not seem that in future they won't be the largest party," Patel said.

He also said there is a similarity between NDA and UPA as far as foreign policy, economic policy are concerned. "This does not mean we are comparing NDA and UPA," he said.

NCP chief Sharad Pawar will be certainly ready to become the Prime Minister if there is situation where there is a consensus on the issue, his party leader and Union Minister Praful Patel has said.

He has also dismissed the possibility of a merger between Congress and NCP. "And this gossip of merger with Congress, which happens many times, that is never possible," Patel said in an interview to Prabhu Chawla on 'Teekhi Baat' television programme.

"If there is a situation where there is consensus on the issue, then why not Prabhuji, Sharad Pawarji will be certainly ready (to become Prime Minister)," he said, adding, "But I think to talk like this now is basically wrong."

Noting that Pawar will remain the President of NCP and that the reins of the party will be with him even if he did not contest elections, Patel said Pawar will be NCP's candidate for the post of Prime Minister.

Asked if he was willing to work under Rahul Gandhi if UPA is in majority after the general elections, Patel said, "Certainly."

To a question that he and Pawar would both be willing to work under Rahul, the Minister for Heavy Industries said, "Who will take decisions (speaking of Congress-led UPA) is not the issue.

"The government runs on the basis of the largest party, Congress is the largest party in UPA and it does not seem that in future they won't be the largest party," Patel said.

He also said there is a similarity between NDA and UPA as far as foreign policy, economic policy are concerned. "This does not mean we are comparing NDA and UPA," he said.

D A I J I W O R L D

I din't read it, but the headline is more than enough for me

tkin

Back to school!!
This feels more like a Dictatorship than a Democracy, and we're the ones who ruined it :|

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i did not just read that. OMG im booking tickets to America... anyone want to come? we can get a bulk discount?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Maybe, you can get Mr.Pwr with you to America. :mrgreen:

im pretty sure you cant come with me to america... you dont know how to speak english. :twisted:

And yes I saw a deaf guy listening to a very beautiful song which was being sung by a dumb person. :p

I replied to a handicapped guy who saw "a deaf guy listening to a very beautiful song which was being sung by a dumb person" and was typing a dumb reply. :D

Or maybe, me and mr power (as he is now going to be known) will go to america and live the american dream, by robbing indians of their wealth. ;)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Am talking about Pawar, not me.
You dont know how to read properly.

i know you typed pawar, and i understood... i was just making a point irrelevant of the fact you stated. I was just mocking your grammar.

(use common sense before replying?)

Flash

Lost in speed
Sorry. I'm not an American.
I know enough English to communicate with people, and to make a living.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Sorry. I'm not an American.
I know enough English to communicate with people, and to make a living.

before this goes any further.. dont want it to turn to a flame thread, so ill be the bigger person here and allow for your errors. After all to err is human and to forgive is divine. :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Gearbox, he corrected you for sentence structure and not spelling. Please re-read the concerned sentence before making a comment that makes you look like a fool. We understand what you mean, but we're just helping you. Is it better to learn from your mistakes or to deny making them? :)

DISCLAMER: I'm not actually calling you a fool, but merely stating that you will "look like" one (i.e. "disguised as"/ in the clothes of/ whatever else floats your boat other than a direct accusation). I've had too many bans before to not include this disclaimer.

im pretty sure you cant come with me to america... you dont know how to speak english. :twisted:

I replied to a handicapped guy who saw "a deaf guy listening to a very beautiful song which was being sung by a dumb person" and was typing a dumb reply. :D

Or maybe, me and mr power (as he is now going to be known) will go to america and live the american dream, by robbing indians of their wealth. ;)

Well I appreciate your sixth sense. I am handicapped.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Mayawati wants to be PM after next Lok Sabha polls - Livemint :lol:

Anyway, possibility of a 3rd front govt. is high and the mere thought of it makes me shudder.

Top Bottom