Setup Rules and Restriction in office network systems

SachinJ.

Broken In
Hello,

First of all I am a noob at networking and have only basic knowledge about this.
I want to setup a secure network system in my dad's office where I want system to adapt following rules and restrictions:

1.Network systems other than Administrator/Server system should not be able to access files without password nor they should be able to change anything in the files.
2.Administrator system should backup selected files automatically.
3.Network Systems other than Admin computer wont be able to use USB drives without authorization.
4.Admin system should be able to monitor mails going through the network.

There are hardly 7-8 PC's in the office but for safety purpose I want to add this restrictions and rules in all systems,Is there any software which I can use to add this rules,I am aware of Windows Group Policies but not sure how does it works? Please guide.

Thank You :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what you are asking requires a good deal of networking & windows server/domain/group policy knowledge along with physical access to location to make sure everything works fine.you should contact some local professional to do this.also monitoring mails through a server only works if you are running a mail server & your isp does not block smtp ports.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,

1. Set your data in the Admin system, enable file sharing with read only and password restrictions.
2. Set up a backup software to schedule a backup of selected folders. There are plenty of good free tools for the same.
3. Search for methodology/tools for disabling usb drives based on the OS version you have...
4. What is your mail system? What server and what client are you using? Based on that suggestion can be given.

Hope that helps...
Arun

Top Bottom