Setting up wifi for alliance broadband cable connection(kolkata)

dipanjanray

Right off the assembly line
I badly need to setup a wifi connection in my home.I am using alliance broadband cable connection(kolkata).Could anyone please help me with the configuration steps(whether its possible),which modems can I go for and what else will I have to modify.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for cable broadband connections you simply need a router.read the instruction manual(paper/pdf) & you should be able to do it yourself as it is a simple procedure.my suggestion for wifi router is:
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
tp-link products on flipkart are overpriced so you should be able to find this model cheaper in local market of kolkata(chandni market i think & some major shops are MDcomputers,vedanta etc).

masterkd

Padawan
Buy the modem suggested by Whitestar, Go to router settings using 192.168.0.1 (default username and password is admin).
Follow the below screenshot and provide the details.
*img825.imageshack.us/img825/7951/routersettings.jpg

Clone mac as as in below screenshot.
*img5.imageshack.us/img5/7951/routersettings.jpg

Restart your router and you are done.

OP
D

dipanjanray

for cable broadband connections you simply need a router.read the instruction manual(paper/pdf) & you should be able to do it yourself as it is a simple procedure.my suggestion for wifi router is:
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
tp-link products on flipkart are overpriced so you should be able to find this model cheaper in local market of kolkata(chandni market i think & some major shops are MDcomputers,vedanta etc).

will this one work too?
Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router - Cisco Linksys: Flipkart.com

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
At the same time inside the WPS setting,the WPS status should be disabled for enhanced and better security.

Your WPA/WPA2 settings should have a password of more(MIXTURE) than 20 characters+symbols+numbers(RECOMMENDED: FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE SECURITY) of your choice...

Prince666

Buy the modem suggested by Whitestar, Go to router settings using 192.168.0.1 (default username and password is admin).

Can I simply use DIGISOL DG-WA3000N access point to create a wifi network without any additional routers etc.?

Prince666

Can i use an access point DIGISOL DG-WA3000N instead of a router?

Amithansda

Journeyman
Hi, I am using an Asus RT-N10LX router, I got a net connection from Aliance over static IP and I have to authenticate via their web portal.

I have set up the static IP, DNS, Gateway,Subnet Mask on my router, and also successfully set the connection. Now, I can connect the mobile device by connecting to the WiFi, Opening the Aliance web portal and log in, Minimize the tab and Work in other tab.

But, the problem is, After sometimes the net connection gets disconnected,(but the Wifi Signal still remains), I have to again log in that Web portal(From mobile browser) and again give user name and password. This has been a serious PITA. Can anybody give a solution?

allindiatech14

Buy a Wireless Fidelity(WIFI) router

Go to Control Panel-Network and Internet-Network and Sharing Center-Change adapter settings(on the left)-RIGHT CLICK on the LOCAL AREA CONNECTION-Select IPV4 settings and CLICK on PROPERTIES

COPY THE INFORMATION

Open any web browser(eg. IE)
Type "192.168.1.1"
Type the default USER NAME and PASSWORD given with the router(usually it is "admin" in both the fields)
Go to Quick Start
Select your TIME ZONE
Select "Static IP"

PASTE the information in the required fields and click OK

OPEN another TAB and go to www.google.com
The ALLIANCE WEB PORTAL will appear
LOG IN and there should be "MY ACCOUNT". GO THERE and SET THE INTERNET CONNECTIVITY DURATION
Now your INTERNET WILL NEVER GET DISCONNECTED

ENJOY:>

sanjaybiswal01

I'm facing same issue i've taken this model from TP LINK yesterday.
TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N)

I'm using alliance internet broadband. I'm incapable to configure this device. can anyone suggest me how to configure this device with screen-shot where easy to understand.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.digit.in/forum/networking/191629-wifi-setup-buying-cable-internet-post2228938.html#post2228938
*i.imgur.com/JPDf7PN.png

fill in the details as provided by alliance.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i recently got a no-FUP Meghbela broadband connection at my home in Kolkata. And i got a Netgear WNR614 router for the same.

Meghbela internet requires me to log in with a userID and pwd, and has assigned me a static IP. Once logged in, each session alsts around 24hrs approximately.

This connection is for my parents. Hence I want it to be hassle free. I would like the router to log in to the internet connection by itself, and if possible, keep the session alive for 24x7.

Is there any way to achieve this in the setup for the router?
I dont see any field for password here:

*support1.gearguy.com/useruploads/images/fixed.png

PS: I follow the steps outlined in this guide when i want to setup a router: How to configure a NETGEAR DSL gateway for Internet connection with Smart Wizard | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If login is through a web portal then it is not possible to do it within router unless using some script within a custom firmware.

kg11sgbg

I am taking Alliance Broadband Service "PREFERRED+" Plan from November 2016 onwards.
Can I use the TP-Link TD W8901N modem router for wifi(creating hotspot in my home) networks?
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] any ideas ,Friend?

Others are also welcomed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,but configuring it will be a bit complex compared to "only router"(like tplink 841n).Also if web login is present then one has to use a device(pc/laptop/mobile) to login as this process can not be automated by modem/router.

kg11sgbg

Yes,but configuring it will be a bit complex compared to "only router"(like tplink 841n).Also if web login is present then one has to use a device(pc/laptop/mobile) to login as this process can not be automated by modem/router.
Thank You very much,Friend.
Well in that case I also do have a TP-Link TL-WR740N router only,which could also be much easier to configure as per your info.
Will the guidelines and steps as mentioned some previous threads back suffice my needs?

icebags

Technomancer
if you ask alliance broadband people that, you want auto login, i.e. u dont want to log in each time through the web page.,then they will set your connection that way. you will just have to switch on the modem, it will connect to the server and that all.

but as u get it, it could be a security risk, as anyone can turn on the internet from your modem.

Top Bottom