Setting up VPN with router

mishtu

Right off the assembly line
I have a Teracom wifi router that I got while I got a broadband connection from BSNL. I use some free VPNs which work great but in order to use them, I need to setup a VPN connection in Windows 7 that connects using the existing internet connection to the VPN using 'network and sharing' in control panel. Before I can start using the VPN, I need to dial it manually. Also there are other devices such as phones which are connected to this router. I can't setup VPN connection on the phones.

So what I want is setup an 'integrated' VPN within the router so that the VPN is automatically connected to, when the router is switched on and thus every device connected to it can use VPN.

How can I do so?

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can't.only way to do it is by getting a costly vpn router or getting a router which supports dd-wrt & then modify it(complex process).much easier is turning your pc/laptop into a hotspot by installing connectify free version & then accessing net on your mobile devices connected through pc/laptop.

OP
M

mishtu

Right off the assembly line
you can't.only way to do it is by getting a costly vpn router or getting a router which supports dd-wrt & then modify it(complex process).much easier is turning your pc/laptop into a hotspot by installing connectify free version & then accessing net on your mobile devices connected through pc/laptop.

Oh well that was sad to know. Thanks anyway. :oops:

Top Bottom