Setting up SVN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapixx2

Right off the assembly line
I want to manage by codes, so i looked for Version control software and found SVN.

Now, How can I set up the SVN for my local machine (OS : windows). help me!

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
I want to manage by codes, so i looked for Version control software and found SVN.

Now, How can I set up the SVN for my local machine (OS : windows). help me!

SVN is distributed version control software ..... here is the tortoise SVN which integrates into explorer of windows pretty easy to do simple version control but for advance stuff you got to read man pages.

here is the link *tortoisesvn.net/

if you want more here is the link on wiki

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revision_control_software

BSOD

Err.. what?
TortoiseSVN is good but, you do need to know some theory so, this might be a good place to start from.

ash25_nofear

Right off the assembly line
I would say not to directly jump into the GUI like Tortoise-SVN and instead do it manually by editing the required config files and the svn command-line binary.... Why you may ask ? You can learn lots this way.... the svn command has lots of options and once you have got a hold of them, you can do magic....

I'm using SVN at my workplace..... Although I'm not a CM (configuration mgmt) person I've done lots of tagging, merging, stuff and so have found the command-line version simple and comprehensive to use..... There is a tool called websvn which is a php based web-ui for your svn repository.... You can use it to monitor check-ins and logs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom