Setting Up a Wireless Network without Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Hi

I have 5 computers including a laptop that has wi-fi enabled. The desktops do not have wi-fi cards and I am planning to buy the following:

*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180443453029&_trkparms=tab=Watching

I am also willing to buy a wi-fi router, which is the following:

*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200416892258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now, I DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION and I want to share just the the files and folders and the printers connected on the other printers just as I do in a wired network, Will I be able to do it? Will I be able to share just the files and folders without the internet?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can also consider USB Wifi Adapters. They cost almost the same as PCI Wifi cards.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
DO PUT UP SOME WEP password for network and another for router stuff i dont think u wld like the idea of ur neighborhood 10 year old bragging about getting into ur laptop and downloading ur files to his phone

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
DO PUT UP SOME WEP password for network and another for router stuff i dont think u wld like the idea of ur neighborhood 10 year old bragging about getting into ur laptop and downloading ur files to his phone

sure, I have done that

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Finally with the help of Digit Fast Track on Wi-fi in May 2005 and some other notes, I managed to create a wi-fi. But now I am unable to access the router page, I am not sure why? it says, "invalid syntax error"

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you accessing the router's page through Wifi? If yes, then try through wired LAN. Some routers give the option of disabling the access to Config pages through wife, may be it's already disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom