Server2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
By far the best antivirus you can run is Linux.

2nd best is to know how to correctly configure your server, shut down all unnecessary services etc, set all permissions correctly. If you don't do this, it won't matter what you are running, it will get taken over.

But if you need to use windows 2003, I can tell you that I've been working with Macafee enterprise stuff, that's total junk, it misses so many major trojans it's not funny, it's almost like not having antivirus at all except you think you do.

I'm not a big norton fan either.

You might check into nod32 or Kasparsky, there's a few others out there that are pretty decent, nod32 got the highest recommendation from a guy who's pretty into the ins and outs of AV software weaknesses.

What's funny is that you'll think your Norton or Macafee is doing a good job, then one day you run something like antivir, Pandasoft online scan, trend micro online scan, and lo and behold the box you thought was virus and trojan free is occupied by several major infections, happily using your server for its own purposes.

busyanuj

In the zone
achacko[at]dataone.in !!!
atleast mention the source, don't just copy-paste the text.

source: *www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/7011.htm

Raaabo said:
Important: Members MUST provide a link to an article’s source, or provide details of the author (if taken from a book), for all content that is copyrighted. Plagiarism is to be avoided at all costs.

Deep

Version 2.0
achacko@dataone.in said:
By far the best antivirus you can run is Linux.

2nd best is to know how to correctly configure your server, shut down all unnecessary services etc, set all permissions correctly. If you don't do this, it won't matter what you are running, it will get taken over.

But if you need to use windows 2003, I can tell you that I've been working with Macafee enterprise stuff, that's total junk, it misses so many major trojans it's not funny, it's almost like not having antivirus at all except you think you do.

I'm not a big norton fan either.

You might check into nod32 or Kasparsky, there's a few others out there that are pretty decent, nod32 got the highest recommendation from a guy who's pretty into the ins and outs of AV software weaknesses.

What's funny is that you'll think your Norton or Macafee is doing a good job, then one day you run something like antivir, Pandasoft online scan, trend micro online scan, and lo and behold the box you thought was virus and trojan free is occupied by several major infections, happily using your server for its own purposes.

if you dont know the answer then please do not rip the replies from other forums....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom