Serius problem with my screen. Can u tell it s/w or hard ware problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusarks

Broken In
Dear friends,

I use windows XP + SP2 with the following configuration. MOnitor: LG 15" studioworks, MB: 845GVAD2 Intel original, CPU: 2.4 GHz Pentium4, RAM: 256MB , CD ROm: Samsung, HDD: Seagate baracuda 80 GB. NO sound or grafix card,I use inbuilt support of Main Board only .The HDD is 1 yr old and the system is 2.5 yr old. Internet: Dial up connection.

since last few months, i m facing some problem like :
My monitor screen suddenly becomes rectangular pieces of different color combination and nothing works there after . Neither keyboard command nor mouse movement , everything stops and i need to force shutdown the system . Then it operates smoothly after restarting. It does not happen always or in every login . It happens sometimes and this z too much troubling as sometimes when i am online and doing somebrowsing and mailing , it also happens .

Again saying , this problem always comes suddenly though it z not regular. In a month i experience this 3-4 times. Can any one tell what may be the reason. any kind of hardware failure or s/w failure.

santu_29

Journeyman
seems to be a problem with the onboard display or the cable connecting the monitor to the cpu. surely a screenshot would help...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
IN these mobos the IGP is built in the northbridge itself.....so when the north bridge heats up it make the IGP also unstable....so try opening the side panel and then running the PC........Make sure nothing is blocking the prescott duct.......and ur Cabinet is placed in a ventilated place,,,

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
if dats d case, arrange for some more cpu cooling options...attach an extra cooling fan..twill cost u round 100 bux....try posting screen shot dude...

@santu_29: it cant be anythin wit vga cable as he sayin his hardwares stop respondin like keybd, mouse etc. so it got to be within his mobo

cheers

OP
tusarks

tusarks

Broken In
yaar , i can't take the screen shot .. how can i when everything stops .. itz something like screen gets heavily distorted and becomes rectangular blocks..
I think i will re-assemble all the components .. Hope this will make it correct .. The thing is tht , this problem is not regular , so how can i be sure tht it will happen .. It seriously troubles when i m working with some documents .. Any thanx all of U who r actively putting their suggestions .. give some more inputs , if U hav ... Thanking u in anticipation, byeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom