Serious problem in Laptop... regarding OS or Virus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanstalk_230

Broken In
hey all

the problem is my computer seems to be infected with a virus or what ... i am really fed up

i did a clean install of XP SP2 twice (and i have used the same CD before without any problems). the probelm is that while pressing ctrl+alt+del.. it says task manager has been disabled by your admin and while running regedit it gives the same msg.

i went into gpedit.msc altered the settings but for abt 2-4 secs the task manager seems to open and then i get the similar message.

earlier ... before the xp clean install twice i had vista 32 (OEM) & xp which were both giving me similar errors (in vista task manager did not show up in the new window nor even norton antivirus which is preinstalled in vista (HP OEM) could complete its setup)

Is it a hardware problem or a software problem. i have done a virus scan by kaspersky when somehow it installed the new XP installation and then when i restart i get a BSOD.

Guys ploease suggest what should i do. (while xp installs the HDD partition both for xp and vista were completely formatted)

HELPP

di9it

thinking di9it'al
Ur system is definitely infected with a Virus that disables your Task Manager and Registry Editor.

May be some of the exe's (like: setup programs, exe files on other partitions) u r using r infected with a Virus. Everytime u install a fresh copy of WinXP (or Vista), somehow u run the Virus residing in exe files etc. Also, on re-installing Windows, it only formats the target partition. Rest of the partitions remain intact and might contain autorun script that runs the virus again.

- Again install a fresh copy of OS.
- Do not touch any of your partition other than OS partition.
- Install ur AntiVirus program (Kasper is good) using its installation disk as its setup on ur hard disk might also b infected.
- Update the databases and perform a complete scan.

it shud work fine...
n i think its not a hardware issue.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
The above steps are good or there is an other alternative,

Download Noob Killer
Do a 8-X kill, it will search for all malware and delete them.

expertno.1

Technomancer
more simple virus effect remover . get it here

*sourceforge.net/projects/viruseffectremo/

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
^^ as per forum rules you know posting like +1 , etc without other suggestion isn't allowed .

so please suggest something other and stop spamming ...............grrrrrrrrr
all newbie on the forum does it , grrrrrrrrr.....

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I am NOT spamming...tell me when I have tried something like this before...????? I am just agreeing to your fact...if you consider it as a spam then do as you wish....btw, I am not newbie here, I was here around since 2006, used a different id, which eventually discouraged it due to some reasons

birendrakumar30

Right off the assembly line
Dear
when your computer is virus infected it is quite normal that regedit and task manager are disabled . For enabling Task manager and Regedidt there is tools .
..... There is an Antivirus named "e-Scan" download it and install it and have a complete system scan. Definitely it fixes all Your problems. If problem still persists. write here.

Termin@L

Broken In
If rest failed....u can try ComboFix.
Mighty strong tool...evn cleans ur stubborn viruses in da thumbdrives n wats more its free.

link:
*www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix#intro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom