serious problem, help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 HDD one 20gb n other 160 gb. i was using 20 one as the main one with OS and 160 as a storage. now few days back my PC got infected with spywares or malwares and hacking tools. i tried Ad-aware, panda online scan, trendmicro online scan, Spybot, Spy doctor, ewido to detect and remove the infection. but everytime it detects and remove it, PC dosent get back to normal. (during infection PC was slowed down). everytime i reboot my PC the same thing happens.
i tried using above mentioned softwares in safe mode too. but it was not showing any improvemrent.
but somehow while removing the infections i deleted the infected files. and also ask the above software to do so.
i this process i lost hal.dll file(which is required for starting windows). so now everythime i start my PC i get the message <windows root>\system 32\hal.dll file is missing so install the file.
now how do i install that file? when i press any key it restarts and comes back to the same message.
i then installed the whole WIN XP on my 160 HDD. but there its not detecting the 20 gb HDD. how can i make that OS on 160 HDD to detect 20gd HDD?
i must tell u that i just want my data on both the disk back and planing to format both the disk and install from the start again.
any one can help me in this matter?
thanx.

yashved

Broken In
I think it would be laborious to try and check for all the errors and fix/remove them. Instead, I would recommend you first backing up your important data on CD if you have CD writer or on floppies.

Next, format all your drives and install the OS again. This should clear up all the spywares/malwares, etc. and also restore all system files.....

OP
I

imported_tarang

Broken In
i wanna do the same thing, but the problem is how do i get back all my data from the 20gb HDD? coz. my PC is not detecting it. or it says hardware error.

yashved

Broken In
Since, the PC is not detecting the Hard disk, check if the hard-disk is properly connected inside cabinet.... If required, remove the hard-disk and connect it again, or try and connect the hard-disk on another computer. Also, check the connecting cables and replace them if required.

However, I wouldn't suggest you to do the above if you haven't done it before as it involves opening of cabinet....

DO NOT try and do anything in over confidence. I you are unsure, contact an engineer/repairer..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom