*** Serious Drive Error ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvk_2004

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I tried to install win 98 onto my hard disk. But I cancelled the setup when it came to step asking me where to install the OS. Since then my C drive is not accesible.

When I connected it as a slave in another computer and checked its properties, the drive was labelled local disk and it was in RAW format. Both 'Used Space' and 'Free Space' read zero.

How can I retrieve my drive? It contains lot of vital data.

All help is appreciated.

I think You loose Your Administrator Rights,Just Check With Security Setting In Disk That U have Access Of Read,Write Etc Etc
If they are not then Click On security Make a Administrator right there!!
Hope It will Work
Reply Back!!

OP
V

vvk_2004

Clarification ::

Hi neerajvohra,

Sorry, but I am not quite good with computers. Hence I was not able to understand what you want me to do.

To make things easier for you, I will tell you the drive labels.

Right now I have a working (bootable) Hard Disk which I use to look into my damaged Hard Disk.

Working HDD = MASTER Drive Label = C:
Damaged HDD = SLAVE Drive Label = L:(shown as 'local disk')

If I connect my damaged HDD ALONE, it does not boot.

I hope I have stated the problem clearly. Now could you use the drive labels and tell me EXACTLY what I must do?

sailendra

Journeyman
@vvk_2004,
looks like you have accidentally erased your harddrives partition info - or its corrupt. One way you can get back your files is using recovery software. Install it on your first hard drive (the one which is working) and search for lost files or folders. If you need such a software i can send it to you.

OP
V

vvk_2004

Thanks

Hi Sailendra,

Thank you for the help. Along with the software please tell me what steps I must do to get my drive up and running using the software.

Thank you once again.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
try running testdisk . its dos based and lets u show all the partitions that were there on ur pc . u can select which one is ur working one and then restore it through testdisk itself . It also helps u browse through lost partition so that u know if ur files are ok .

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13783

sailendra

Journeyman
Re: Thanks

vvk_2004 said:
Hi Sailendra,

Thank you for the help. Along with the software please tell me what steps I must do to get my drive up and running using the software.

Thank you once again.

ok, i can send you the download link to the software. But you need to give me your email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom