Selling portable music gear in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hi friends, I have been approached by someone from outside India, who has asked me whether I would be interested to sell their products in India.

The products include Headphones, IEMs, Headphone Amps, DACs, some DAPs like the imod, etc. from a lot of renowned manufacturers, most of them not available in India like etymotic, sleek, RSA, etc.

These things dont come cheap, a $100 earphone for us costs Rs. 5000/- however this $100 earphone still doesnt come in the high end earphone category. I have rarely seen people spending more than 1k - 1.5k on headphones.

but still wanted to know your opinion would it be good business?

mpanan

Broken In
first of all dude, there will always be people who will buy high quality equipment. u are talking to one of them ;). i spent over 25K over the past three year on sound equipment (and i still dont have decent speakers :D). during my search i met a lot of others who do the same bt stop due to the lack of good dealers. the other problem is prices, everything here costs the double what they cost u in the usa or singapore. thats the reason i usally prefer to buy outside. if u can maintain the similar costs there then i don't think it will be a problem for u. singpore has similar tax system as india that screws people, but they maintian competetive prices

u should read abt the business model of stereo electronics and jaben in singapore. they are two shops that are known to sell the best performance equipment. they have a very good dedicated following, good customer support(they are very friendly), people who know the stuff, a good website and a huge fan base(did i mention that again :D) .

sincere advise, if u want to go into busienss do it with a bit of honesty, freindless and a lot of patenice. u will get a cult following

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom