Selecting GPU for my System. @+/-Rs.8000

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Die hard CS GO fan,so please suggest me one which will run it flawlessly in medium.
Dont mind if able to play to play latest game on low or med.
Why do you want op to spend unnecessarily?If he needed/required R9 he would not have posted above.Even 7770 won't be utilized fully by him based on above statements.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
are you saying he will only play that 1 game forever.. if @op can he should buy to give him some flexibility to play new games at least high to medium settings

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not everyone wants to play crysis 3 at 1080p even if at lowest quality settings.There are many who don't even look beyond WoW/similar online RPG games.New R9 270x costs ~14k & you are suggesting op to buy used one on the assumption that within few months he would suddenly want to play crysis 3 & metro:last flight at medium setting 720p resolution.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
okay i see i have to simplify this for you... a used r9 270x can be found under 10k easily so if can buy a card twice as fast and only 2k more wouldnt u buy it..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
R9 270X retails for around 15-16k , i dont think you can get that for 10k
Maybe the R9 270 but finding one for the price of 10k is a steal..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buying used pc parts is always risky especially for those who don't have much experience.Op has a budget of 11000 & spending it after stretching it by 2k just to buy used graphics card is not recommended for him.I would never buy a used graphics card or for that matter anything used costing 10k or more simply to save 3k.Spending 10k on used item is worth it when new one is costing at least 17-18k.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
OMG it seems like i have been quite inactive and the thread has crawled a long way down the lane.
specially sorry for my silly question :|
So i am remapping my questions,to clear out all the doubts.
1)I want a combo of both GPU and a PSU,because i have an intex cabinet which contains an inbuilt PSU,and i personally dont think that its gonna power any of the GPU,stated because firstly its free secondly i dont know the Watt of the psu.So yeah i will prefer buying a new one.
2)what is it with the HD 7770 vs R7 270x.
3)And [MENTION=33037]quicky008[/MENTION] stated that Nvidia drivers are actually more compatible with the game than AMD?can anyone justify?
and yeah my budjet for both graphics card and psu is Rs.+/- 11000. :lol:
1. Get Antec VP 450p ~ 2.5k + GTX 750 ~ 8.5k
2. HD 7770 and R9 270x are from different leagues. one is 7k and other is 14k.
3. nVidia drivers are somewhat more stable. AMD has profits lower than nVidia and keeps up with Intel and nVidia, so what do you expect?

are you saying he will only play that 1 game forever.. if @op can he should buy to give him some flexibility to play new games at least high to medium settings
die hard fan means something else you know. I've been playing RoN, Halo CE and Diablo 2 from the first time i used a PC and I'm still not bored.
okay i see i have to simplify this for you... a used r9 270x can be found under 10k easily so if can buy a card twice as fast and only 2k more wouldnt u buy it..
Used R9 270x will come around 12k + a 550W PSU will be required for it which would mean an overall budget of 16k at the very least
Buying used pc parts is always risky especially for those who don't have much experience.Op has a budget of 11000 & spending it after stretching it by 2k just to buy used graphics card is not recommended for him.I would never buy a used graphics card or for that matter anything used costing 10k or more simply to save 3k.Spending 10k on used item is worth it when new one is costing at least 17-18k.
+1 to this

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Hello everyone,after a lot of if's and but's i ended up with Asus AMD/ATI R7 260X Direct CUII 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card and what ?
it's asking only 150 watts as power supply :razz: :cool:
why so? will there be any effect in performance? i have seen Galaxy NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
asking for 400 watts will there be any performance difference when it comes to change in watts ?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello everyone,after a lot of if's and but's i ended up with Asus AMD/ATI R7 260X Direct CUII 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card and what ?
it's asking only 150 watts as power supply :razz: :cool:
why so? will there be any effect in performance? i have seen Galaxy NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
asking for 400 watts will there be any performance difference when it comes to change in watts ?
err, what R7 260X is saying that it will consume 150w in full load. Your power supply should be able to spare that much apart from what your system (CPU, motherboard, hard drives etc.) consume.

You still need a ~400w power supply with R7 260X.

I've found AMD's GPU drivers to be more stable in single-GPU Windows desktops and nVidia's much better in Linux desktops. Everyone has their own judgement.

Op I would definitely recommend a good psu like VP 450p 1st,because it's essential to security of all the components, not just gfx, after spending 2.7 k on it your best bet is r9 260x or 265,(if its available locally under 10k) otherwise 260x is the way to go

Top Bottom